UKC

Yeti Gaiters

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
aimee phillips 26 Jan 2005
Can anyone give me advise.....I am fed up with getting wet feet so have decided to look to buy some yeti gaiters....I like the scarpa cumbre boot....how do I know the gaiter will fit the boot? How do you fit them to the boot???
 k2scott 26 Jan 2005
In reply to aimee phillips:

op'
 k2scott 26 Jan 2005

the folk in the shop will probably advise you on the compatibility thing. best way to fit them is to heat them a bit over the hob and then just go for it.. stretch them over using brute force.
michaeljbs 26 Jan 2005

As I understand it they only really fit berghaus boots but I could be wrong. Problem I always used to get with them is that the fronts would catch on wrock and end upo slipping up over the toe cap of the boot. I was advised to use ski glue to stick them down; apparently ski glue holds well, but doesn't damage the boot and means they can be removed without destroying the boot.
 BenTiffin 26 Jan 2005
In reply to aimee phillips: I'm not being critical but maybe you should be asking what the reason behind getting wet feet.

The only place that I have heard people saying yeti's are worthwhile is in bogy terrain. I don't know what the new ones are like but the old ones had a tendency for the rubber to split when in contact with rock. I've never been impressed with them.

Ben
OP Anonymous 27 Jan 2005

they fit my scarpas really well no glue involved
chris sylvan 27 Jan 2005
aye...you need to use skin glue from a ski shop, perfect and holds the rand perfectly. I swear by them, but they are only good for horrific bogs and deep snow, used them in norway for a winter and they're top! if your bimbling about the hills or climbing i would'nt bother as front pointing or mixed climbing will destroy the rubber and they'll ride up round you ankle!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...