UKC

equador and peru

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
layback larry 08 Apr 2005
Anyone got any info on whens good and not so good to head across this way?
Cheers
 yer maw 08 Apr 2005
In reply to layback larry: I think it is coming out off the wet season now so within the next 2 months or so would be fine. I think there isn't much seasonal fluctuation in temperature as the area is close to the equator.
 Rubbishy 08 Apr 2005
In reply to layback larry:

Late May onwards for Peru, though the weather has been fooked up for last few seasons
Etak 08 Apr 2005
In reply to layback larry: what do you want to do? mountains rock or just chilin'???
Mark Page 08 Apr 2005
I was in both Peru and Ecuador, August through to Novemeber last year. Weather was perfect.
layback larry 09 Apr 2005
In reply to Etak: Gonna be mountains Etak. Got my annual leave late sept-late oct and it's gonna be way too cold and stormy to do Mt Logan in the yukon so thinking of heading to poss peru/equador
layback larry 09 Apr 2005
In reply to Mark Page: Hey mark, i'm thinking of heading in end of sept to end of oct. Good to know the Wx was stable around that time. Thanks
 Jem 09 Apr 2005
I was in Peru from beginning of November until Mid-December. The rainy season started as we were in Cusco region towards the end of November, and by the time we reached the Cord Blanca (1st week in Dec), it seemed well established, with regular rain in the afternoons, which limited the views whilst we were trekking. However, this could have also been an unusually wet couple of weeks, as I believe it is possible to trek at this time, with better weather. I suspect we were a little unlucky, but did expect this to a certain degree, as we were tied to going at that time of year instead of July/August which is reputed to be the dryest time.
We then headed N into Ecuador from mid Nov until early January, where the weather seemed generally more settled and fresher, and free of the coastal mist/haze in Lima. Many trekking companies actually choose to schedule their Cotopaxi/Chimborazo trips over the Xmas period as this usually guarantees reliable weather, although I gather folk will head there all year round. Sept/Oct should be OK, although possibly a little warmer than the (UK) summer months...
have a good trip!...
layback larry 10 Apr 2005
In reply to Jem: Thanks for the info Jem.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...