UKC

flights to peru

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Rufus H 19 Apr 2005
Hi

Going to Peru this summer for a couple of months and was wondering if anyone could recommend any particular travel agents or websites that have some good deals on flights. Went with Delta last time but they seem to be super expensive now. Leaving in July so i realise that it's not that far in advance but any useful advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

ps (flying to Lima)
Duncan Morrison 19 Apr 2005
In reply to Rufus H: Rufus, I have just bought my flights to peru (Lima) this summer and found klm to be the cheapest via amsterdam. £630 from london city. The only problem is the baggage allowance which is 20kg plus 10kg hand luggage. I couldnt find anything cheaper.
 Rubbishy 19 Apr 2005
In reply to Duncan Morrison:

Be very careful witht he KKLM baggage allowance. We got caught and unless we stumped up £500 we could not board. FFS we had alpine kit, not a dead horse and Pope in our bergens.
 Ben.W 19 Apr 2005
In reply to Rufus H:
try www.opodo.co.uk for a decent flight search engine thingy!!!
BorisB 20 Apr 2005
In reply to Rufus H: Just booked 9 flights with KLM LHR via Amsterdam, lots better than Iberia who always loose nick your luggage
 Jem 20 Apr 2005
In reply to Rufus H:
Avoid Iberia. Whilst in Peru, we heard numerous 'horror' stories about them. KLM, whilst not the cheapest, proved very reliable, and you get to stop briefly in Bonaire in the caribbean, which breaks up the long flight.
Regarding agents, we used http://www.journeylatinamerica.co.uk/
to arrange flights, who proved very helpful. Best to ring up and speak to them direct.
almost sane 20 Apr 2005
In reply to Rufus H:
I, too, have used Journey Latin America, and found them very helpful.

We flew from Glasgow via American Airlines. The great thing about American Airlines is that you get good leg room, better than any other cheap longhaul flight I have been on. And because we flew via the USA, we got 44kg baggage allowance.
In reply to Jem:
Another vote for JLA - very helpful and know their stuff.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...