UKC

Walsh Trainers - TKMAXX

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FrankBooth 27 May 2005
Just bought a pair of Walsh trainers from TXMaxx for £14.99. They're a bit heavy and the treadcomprises angled ridges rather than any form of studding, so I guess they must be part of their attempt at a fasion range (fashion is something i know NOTHING about) - seem very well made!

Anyone know if they're worth running around in?

FB
djgrasssnake 27 May 2005
In reply to FrankBooth:

Do you recognise them here?

http://www.walshsports.co.uk/running.asp
OP FrankBooth 27 May 2005
In reply to djgrasssnake:
that's just it - i had a look on the website when i got back just in case but there's nothing similar
OP FrankBooth 27 May 2005
In reply to FrankBooth:
bloody 'ell!@ here they are... http://tinyurl.com/dh6tn
$168 apparently.
 Chris Fryer 27 May 2005
In reply to FrankBooth: £15.00! Looks like you were robbed! Are they aimed at the blind market?
In reply to FrankBooth:

Yes, they somehow got involved in the fashion market, probably because a 'trendsetter' started wearing their normal running shoes (in the same way that climbing shoes briefly flitted through the empty heads of fashionistas), so they responded to demand... only for the trendsetter to move on a couple of days later (as is their wont), leaving a lot of shoes to be cleared at TK Maxx...

At least that's how it seems to me, and I seem to recall a thread about it ages ago.
Carl Taylor 31 May 2005
In reply to captain paranoia:
i called in at Walsh the other week based on a recommendation on this forum by a lady who had them make a pair of boots for her
i got exactly the same, to use on the Cuillin, initially thought tey would not provide enough support as they are "ultralight" however, after trying them out on the Langdale pikes over the weekend i am very hopeful, they were awsome, perfect grip on both rock, wet and dry and the boggy ground you experience before Harrison's is reached, didnt have the urge to rip them off my feet as soon as we landed back at the tent either.
For your info, the MD told me that they make over 150,000 pairs of "fasion" shoes mainly for the European market these days.
If anyone wanted either the shoes ,or boots, contact Walsh directly, they were more than accommodating, making my boots in 4 days!!!!
In reply to Carl Taylor:

Oh, I wasn't saying the 'proper' Walsh shoes are rubbish by any means, only that there's a big difference between these and their fashion shoes. If they can shift 150k pairs of fashion shoes, good luck to them, only they must be aware that trends like this are short-lived, and take care not to get caught out when fickle fashion changes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...