UKC

Lofoten : 'Climbing in the Magic Islands' Request

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jjjools 13 Jun 2005
I am trying to get my hands on a copy of 'Climbing in the Magic Islands' - Ed Websters guide to the Lofoten islands, now out of print. This is becoming v urgent (flights are booked!)

Can any one help me by:
- selling me an old copy
- lending me a copy so I can copy a few pages, or copying a few pages for me
- advising me where on the planet I might be able to locate one

If anyone has advice on where else (bar the Rockfax guide) I might get some route info for Lofoten, I would also be very grateful.
 TobyA 13 Jun 2005
In reply to jjjools: There isn't a lot in the Magic Isles book that isn't in the Rockfax - and to be honest, especially for British climbers the rockfax is better for the routes that it does describe.

They may well still have some at the shop at the Nord Norsk Climbing School in Henningsvaer.

How long have you got before you go? I might be able to help out with some copies.
 Heike 13 Jun 2005
In reply to jjjools:

Hi

I think I disagree with TobyA. We did quite a few routes out of the Ed Webster guide that weren' in the Rockfax guide and they were all ace and they also had the benefit that there wasn't anybody else on them (as many people have the Rockfax guied only). It just gives you more choices.

You can get hold of a copy in the Klettrecafe in Henningsvaer. They seem to stock an endless supply. I phoned up last year and asked them to keep one for me, but the chap there just laughed and said that shouldn't be a problem. When we got there, I saw why....

Happy climbing!
OP jjjools 13 Jun 2005
In reply to Heike:

Thanks a lot to you both!
 TobyA 13 Jun 2005

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...