UKC

stupidly expensive sportive rock shoe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Sharket 01 Jul 2005
I've heard that sportiva have brought out a rock boot which cost over £100...is this true and if so whats so damn good about it?
 Obi Wan 01 Jul 2005
In reply to Sharket:

It is made entirely from anti-gravitons?
Sharket 01 Jul 2005
In reply to Obi Wan:

i'd bloody hope so at that price... I mean I love my testarossas but over £100 seem a bit pricy

George Fisher 01 Jul 2005
In reply to Sharket:

The change colour to co-ordinate with whatever you're wearing.
 CJD 01 Jul 2005
In reply to Sharket:

you have testarossas? are they comfortable?

they look agonising!
Sharket 01 Jul 2005
In reply to CJD:

I love them...in fact had a bit of a testarossa day on sun saw 3 others wearing them when usually i see noone...

think they're a bit of a marmite type shoe - those who have them and like them Love them...eveyone else hates them
 link 01 Jul 2005
In reply to Sharket:

They do look the dogs nads. When you say comfy though are you just lying because they look like they will make your feet fall off.
Sharket 01 Jul 2005
In reply to link:

no really I find them comfy...i'm a size 5-5.5 uk normally and I wear a 4.5 testarossa!!

though not everyone shares my opinion..

the rubber is also super sticky...better than five tens
 link 01 Jul 2005
In reply to Sharket:

Wont be able to get a pair in my size anyway. Im slightly limited with choice. Although if they are charging 100 quid for this new shoe then they could at least make big sizes.
pagoda 01 Jul 2005
In reply to Sharket: la sportiva make good shoes but they are overpriced. I reckon they are going for the designer market. How long before we get Prada rock boots, they already make shell shell clothing. can you imagine "Prada Predators" at 300 quid a pop - thats when this sport has had it.
 Obi Wan 01 Jul 2005
In reply to link:

They are going to need to be edible, self replicating shoes with built in swiss army knife and compass for that price!
Sharket 01 Jul 2005
In reply to pagoda:

LOL I know someone who would buy them though!!
Sharket 01 Jul 2005
In reply to Obi Wan:

so I take it noone knows about them and they are in fact a mere crag legend
 Obi Wan 01 Jul 2005
In reply to pagoda:

Fat Face already sell their version of a rock shoe, and it looks like poo..
 Obi Wan 01 Jul 2005
In reply to Sharket:
> (In reply to Obi Wan)
>
> so I take it noone knows about them and they are in fact a mere crag legend

Nope, sorry I know nothing.

danm 01 Jul 2005
In reply to Sharket: Well its news to me, and I work for the importer. When you take into account the fact that quality rock boots (and mountain boots as well) are all hand made, the price is in fact fairly low. I'm glad you like your Testarosas.
Sharket 01 Jul 2005
In reply to danm:

ok cool that cleared that one up then will let the rumour instigator know!!

thanks

testarossas are great and noone is ever going to convince me otherwise...
roblo 01 Jul 2005
In reply to Sharket:

stone island the menswear make teamed up with La Sportiva to make some fashion versions of their climbing shoes, i have seen testarossas in grey and on the page below what liiks like a dark blue mythos.

http://www.freegorifero.com/weblog/2004_10_01_weblog_archive.html

They make some fairly expensive shoes like the Mega Max a winter climbing shoe which lists at $230, (couldn't find an english price)

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/product.ASP?wc=true&base_no=66560&...

but that doesn't matter, their shoes are great and have one of the best build qualities out there.

rob
Sharket 01 Jul 2005
In reply to roblo:

grey testarossas!!! SACRILIGE

I rather like them in red/yellow though they do fade after swimming in the sea :-/

yeah they are the best shoe IMHO - if they need anyone to advertise for them think I'm doing a pretty good job I can't find anything bad to say about them...tried some 5:10 Ascents recently and couldn't get close to the stickiness of my testarossas - needless to say I now have a pair of ascents going if anyone wants them!
DaveBrown 01 Jul 2005
In reply to link:

Seconded for the testarossas. They're the mutts, the best Ive had to date. If your gona get a pair then size down a fair bit, im a UK 10 and wearing a 42.5 at the moment.

Anyone tried the Venoms?

hugedyno 01 Jul 2005
In reply to Sharket:

Don't you think this 'shoe' thing is a bit overhyped? I mean all major manufacturers' rubber etc. is going to be fine up to E3 / f7a / Font 6c. I think most people would benefit far more by spending less and pulling a bit harder, like the Old Skool!

:¬)
H.D.
"lose the lard, climb hard."
DaveBrown 01 Jul 2005
In reply to hugedyno:

Your right. I've seen people climb f7b+ (steep) in flipflops! Fit is what matters in a shoe not the rubber..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...