UKC

Skill courses with Andy Kirkpatrick's Psychovertical.com si

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Andy Kirkpatirck 28 Jul 2005
Hello

After months of toil I've finally got my website Psychovertical up and running (actually most of the time was spent learning how to spell the word ‘psycho’). On it you will find most of my past articles from High, Climber and Climbing, plus stories (some unpublished) and photos, along with thousands of amusing spelling mistakes.

The more people who use the site the more pressure I’ll feel to keep adding stuff so check it out at http://www.psychovertical.com and tell as many people as you can about it.

The site also includes information on the skills courses I run, aimed at climbers who want to boost their skills for rock, alpine and expedition climbing. Many of the courses are very specialized, and are aimed at climbers who need to learn some of the dark arts but can’t find books or courses with which to learn them.

You can check out the ten courses I run at http://www.psychovertical.com/?courses

There are no dates for courses and it’s just a case of finding a date when everyone is available.

As for the site, well this is only phase one. Soon I’m going to begin very in-depth product reviews, something I’ve never done before, because magazines tend to limit the space you can give to such things, and 50 word reviews don’t tell you anything. I’ll also be writing new technique and top tip features, and including a few off the wall articles.

So please visit my site spread the word.

Cheers

Andy Kirkpatrick

OP Anonymous 28 Jul 2005
In reply to Andy Kirkpatirck:

Andy,

Absolutely awesome website. By the way your web address is spelt wrong in the booklet that comes with cold haul.
 Norrie Muir 28 Jul 2005
> Hello
> After months of toil I've finally got my website Psychovertical up and running (actually most of the time was spent learning how to spell the word ‘psycho’).

Dear Andy

As I am not a psycho, I won't be looking at your site.

I am sure it will be popular with the horizontal climbers.

Best of luck anyway with the site.

Norrie
 Dee 28 Jul 2005
Inspiring! Oh and stuff the spellimgs anyway!
Andy Kirkpatirck 29 Jul 2005
In reply to Norrie Muir:

I bet you've already snuck onto the site havn't you...after all if you're sitting at a compter every day in order to write on this forum then you have to be a honery horizontal climber?

Andy
 Norrie Muir 29 Jul 2005
> (In reply to Norrie Muir)
> I bet you've already snuck onto the site havn't you...after all if you're sitting at a compter every day in order to write on this forum then you have to be a honery horizontal climber?
>
Dear Andy

You are nearly right, I am a horizontal belayer. Why I won't be looking at your site is that I would be envious of where you climb.

Norrie

PS If, you have any spare gear wanting tested, feel free to send it to me.
Andy Kirkpatirck 29 Jul 2005
In reply to Norrie Muir:

Someone did sujest I ask you to write a kit list feature for Climb magazine. Fancy it?
 Norrie Muir 29 Jul 2005

Dear Andy

You would be surprised how conventional the list would be. However, there would have to be a health warning with the list

Norrie
Ste Brom 29 Jul 2005
In reply to Andy Kirkpatirck: How about psychological issues facing gear freaks?
Cos I aint gots no dough to buy half of what everyones tryin to sell....
Can I do a cheapskates kit list?

Nice site tho..........
Jo George 30 Jul 2005
Great (very sensitive) site Andy - simple design and some realy useful info.
Good luck with the courses.
Jo
 sutty 30 Jul 2005

Damn you, another climbing site to bookmark now. Just read your Falling Stars article to get an idea of your site, why do people go and freeze their bollocks off on winter climbs? Bloody masochists the lot of you.

Good luck with things.
 Steve Parker 31 Jul 2005
In reply to Andy Kirkpatirck: If you want any help with spelling or grammar, I'm your man. Only joking. I met you once halfway up a Scottish mountain, though you won't remember it. Best of luck, geezer. Really, best wishes.
Andy Kirkpatirck 31 Jul 2005
In reply to Steve Parker:

what mountain was it? My memory's better then my spelling!

Andy
 Steve Parker 31 Jul 2005
In reply to Andy Kirkpatirck: Now you got me! Might have been the Buchaille back in the 90s but not sure. Anyway, as I said, all the best with the project.
OP Anonymous 02 Aug 2005
In reply to Andy Kirkpatirck: great site andy. you have done some mega silly stuff in your time. it only appear to work every so often on my pc though.
 Thrudge 05 Aug 2005
Fantastic site - loads of really useful info, much of which I haven't come across before. Thanks for this.
 Matt_b 05 Aug 2005
In reply to Andy Kirkpatirck: Any chance of a whats new section so that it's easy to see when new content has been added?
potted shrimp 05 Aug 2005
In reply to Steve Parker: My God! "Back in the 90s" is obviously regarded as the dim and distant. Now some of us will really feel old.
Andy Kirkpatirck 05 Aug 2005
In reply to Tony Naylor:

Hi Tony, the answer is yes, plus I will make it so you can read it without having the scrole!

Unfortunatly this is a bit of a labour of love at the moment for me and my web ninja mate, and both of us are trying to make some time to make all the changes the site needs. I've actually got quite a lot of new stuff that I want to put on the site (quite a bit of big wall stuff) but I'm holding onto until people can see that it's new - otherwise it'll just be swollowed up (the last things I added where some stories (including some german translations!) and a whole bunch of articles on decsent).
I'll hopefully also be able to put onto the site all my current Climb magazine gear pieces like Planet Fear used to do, which would add about 5000 new words a month.

I want to make the site like backinglight.com - but for climbers, but I either need to do it very slowly in between normal (paid) work or find an investment banker who's into gnarly alpinism!

If you e-mail me I can put you on my database so I can say when new articles appear.

Thanks by the way to every for being so posative.

Cheers

Andy
mrsmesh 05 Aug 2005

hey andy great site. if you want any help with spelling and grammer i could be of some assistance. i have done some proof reading before, so if you want any help at all just let me know. looking forward to seeing more updates on this site. particularly more pics with writing attached to them. that is a really good section, i haven't seen that before. all the best, AL
 sutty 05 Aug 2005
In reply to mrsmesh:

Help with spelling and 'grammer'? LOL

Thought you had also lost your caps as well till you signed off.
 Steve Parker 09 Aug 2005
In reply to mrsmesh: Quite the most hilariously ironic post. I count 14 grammatical errors in there. I don't think Mr. Kirkpatrick needs you on his team. Proof reading? Guffaw.
OP Anonymous 10 Aug 2005
In reply to Norrie Muir:

You sir are a sad old dick
 Steve Parker 10 Aug 2005
In reply to Anonymous:
Which of the several Anons is this then? Is it the long-married one with anxieties about lying to his wife, the 24 year old one who has started seeing a young girl, or the'cuddly in a hard sort of way' ex-chess player and mate of Paxman who's forgotten his Classics? Or perhaps all 3 rolled up into a tangle of multiple personality disorder? Or is it yet another unidentified poster with a touching predilection for abusing older and wiser climbers than himself?
 andybenham 11 Aug 2005

Great site. Some very honest and quite scary revelations about what it takes to do all that extreme alpine stuff. You must have some very big balls. Must be a pain hauling them all that way.

Also really like to read the kind of useful stuff about gear and placements and stuff us mere mortals can benefit from.

Looking forward to seeing more...
 Norrie Muir 11 Aug 2005
In reply to Steve Parker:
> (In reply to Anonymous)
> Which of the several Anons is this then?..... Or is it yet another unidentified poster with a touching predilection for abusing older and wiser climbers than himself?

Dear Steve

Please try and not be sexist. The Anonymous poster could also be a girl or more likely a ladyboy.

Norrie

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...