UKC

the very light ProAction two man tent from Argos...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CJD 29 Jul 2005
hello,

am I right in thinking that the two-man ProAction tent from Argos that cost £15, (the one that lots of people have used for mountain marathons) is not the same one that's being sold this year? anyone know what this year's model is like?

If anyone has a spare 'last year's' one kicking around that they'd like to flog me, that would be great. Email through the forum.

It's for my brother, after the thread I started a while ago asking about cheap tents...
OP CJD 01 Aug 2005
In reply to CJD:

anyone?
 Lancs Lad 01 Aug 2005
In reply to CJD:

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=100...

appears to be current model, one from last year was different design, higher front than back.
OP CJD 01 Aug 2005
In reply to Lancs Lad:

I thought this one looked similar, but I'd like reports from anyone who's used one as to how good they are, if possible...
 Simon Caldwell 01 Aug 2005
In reply to CJD:
I think the new one's single-skin? I'm sure I've seen a couple of reports of their use from the LAMM, but can't find them at the moment. One said they were soaked, the other said they stayed dry - which doesn't really help much!
OP CJD 01 Aug 2005
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

ah.

oh dear.

okay, does anyone have one of last year's version they'd be up for selling?
In reply to CJD:
I used this year's model in the LAMM and it was rubbish. Everything in the tent (including me) was soaked through, and I didn't get any sleep. I saw another team with the same tent, and I think they had a similar opinion. But saying that, it did only cost a tenner in the sale, and probably would have been ok if it hadn't p**sed down all night!
s.a 01 Aug 2005
In reply to CJD: hi clare,
you can have my old mountain marathon tent if you want it? haven't used it for quite a while, so don't know what condition it'd be in, but he's welcome to it. It's a fellpine (hasn't been made for years...), and is pretty light. How did u do in the saunders?
Sue.
OP CJD 01 Aug 2005
In reply to s.a:

we came next to last! neither of us was particularly fit, but it was a nice weekend's wandering and a good introduction to the whole affair - blimey are fell runners fit!

ooo, your MM tent could be good - the only thing is that he's 6ft6 and 18 stone - would he fit in it?
s.a 01 Aug 2005
In reply to CJD: It's a pretty standard size, he should do. he can pitch it and if he can't get in he can give me it back or pass it on to someone else. I've decided that 5 tents is too many, and i actually only need the 2 new ones. So i also have 2 old horizon peapods (i think they are) in various states of repair - in fact you and dave slept in one once - he can have one of those if he wants a bigger tent.
well, at least you had a fun weekend out, and finished too...
OP CJD 01 Aug 2005
In reply to s.a:

the fact that we finished was the most surprising thing for me

ooo, the small one would be great - I have a 1973 langdale guide for you so we should meet up!
s.a 01 Aug 2005
In reply to CJD: i forgot about that, that would be great. i'll email you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...