UKC

new climbing gear in manchester

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 simon manc 05 Aug 2005
I'm upgrading my shoes and harness ie buying new ones after using borrowed/old kit - I'm just getting back into climbing and just want bog-standard but OK stuff - any thoughts as to which store offers best deals? I'm in Manchester and can get 10% discount at Ellis B's and been told Decathalon in Stockport is a good bet.

Ta.
chris tan XLIX 05 Aug 2005
In reply to simon manc:

Cotswold, on Oxford road or even Snow + Rock on Princess Parkway.

Check their online sites for any specials.
 anonymous1 05 Aug 2005
In reply to simon manc:

dunney's place @ the climbing wall has some good stuff. didn't like snow and rock staff were to pushey and arsey
 Jenny C 05 Aug 2005
In reply to simon manc:

I don't know Manchester but would have thought that if they have an on-site shop the climbing wall would be a good place to start. Find a shop with a range of shoes and knowledgable (climbing) staff. Certainly with shoes expect them to make you try several models and sizes, not just sell the first pair.

I really wouldn't recommend Decathlon, OK they may be a bit cheaper but the staff (certainly in the Sheffield store) know very little about the gear they sell.
Removed User 05 Aug 2005
In reply to simon manc:

Decathlon are good for their own brand stuff but check their prices for branded gear against other retailers
 Jenny C 05 Aug 2005
In reply to Removed User:

> Decathlon are good for their own brand stuff

Depends on the model, their very cheap rock shoes are just that - and simply fall apart.

I would expect young children to outgrow their climbing shoes (or possibly wear them out), not have them fall apart/come unstuck after only a few months use.

Ian Dunn 05 Aug 2005
In reply to simon manc: We have a good range at Climb Rochdale which is only 20 minutes from centre Manchester by train. 10% discount for BMC members on most products. Five Ten and Red Chilli Shoes
Wild Country Petzl Black Diamond and Clog Harnesses

Good gear from quality supliers, if you join us then you get 15% off and can climb all year for just over £5.00 per week. This can be by monthly SO if you want.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...