UKC

Yeti Gaiter + Boot Problems

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
leedale30 09 Sep 2005
How the hell do you get them on the boot? I bought these second hand from ebay I have a Berghaus Attack sole on them but they just wont go on?! Does the rubber part go around the outside of the boot or around and on the sole also? I was thinking you put the tread of the boot through the holes in the gaiter is that right? My hands are gonna fall off their must be a way of getting them on. Tryed lube and warming the ruber up made it easyer to move them and stretch them but still no joy. Please help!! Pictures of what a fully fitted boot and sole looks like would be halpful but I have trawled the net looking but their seems to be none.
 Rodders 09 Sep 2005
In reply to leedale30:
First question - is your purchase the right size for the boot? It a while since I got mine but I believe that they are sized.
I also managed to get mine to fit reasonalbly well on non-yeti style boots...

Lookaing onto the rubber rand of the yeti befor you put it on ... its like a big oval of rubber with an oval hole in teh middle. On the new ones, about one third of the way down is a thin piece of rubber across the hole and then one third down again is a big wide strech of rubber. The thin bit goes (eventually) under the ball of the foot/boot whislt the big wide bit goes under the instep.
My method of getting them on your boots is to put the boot down through the opened yeti and push the toe of teh boot through the hole between the thin rubber and the end of the rand. Push through so that about two inches of boot has gone through.
Grab and pull teh back rand part of the yeti and pull like fury to get it up and around the back of the boot, pulling up past the heel.
Now adjust this back part so he the rand is now sitting down close to the base of the heel.
Now continue to pull the yeti forwards so that the large rubber section falls into the instep part of the boot.
Keep pulling the rest of the yeti to start moving the front rand section up towards the end of the toe part of the boot and then pull it over the toe.
A little bit more jiggling to line it all up.
Yes, a bit awkward to fit but fine when on.
My boots weren't really Yeti compatible (Zamberlan and Sanmarco) but the yeti system still fit quite well even to the point where I had my Yeti's resoled.
Watch out when taking them off - I managed to pull the heel off one of my boots when trying to take teh Yeti off them!
Cheers
leedale30 09 Sep 2005
In reply to leedale30: I got a size large for a 44 boot
 gear boy 09 Sep 2005
In reply to leedale30: as rodders said, shove toe through front, then fit heel, i turn the toe rand inside out and then push down with thumbs and then flip rand over to fit, if they are not tight they fall off
leedale30 09 Sep 2005
In reply to gear boy: BLoody hell, this is a nightmare nealry got it too. Just about on but then the boot sliiped throught he front more and it was over. Pulling like a beast I think I need someone with more strenght I really do. Once they are on the are not ever coming off.
 gear boy 09 Sep 2005
In reply to leedale30: as they in in climbing " not strength, technique" !!
;-o
leedale30 09 Sep 2005
Finaly did them, 2 man job in the end at work me on my desk in the boots and my mate jon tugging me off.
leedale30 09 Sep 2005
Thanks for all the HELP TOO!!!
 Norrie Muir 09 Sep 2005
In reply to leedale30:
> 2 man job in the end at work me on my desk in the boots and my mate jon tugging me off.

Dear leedale

Who held you down while jon tugged you off?

Norrie
leedale30 09 Sep 2005
In reply to Norrie Muir: I did not need to be held I was done in a few seconds all nice and tight. It was really hard though had to use some lube to get it right in and on. It was slightly off at some places so i used a device to rimm it back into place. I just hope people dont think I am some sort of pervert wearing rubber boots now.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...