UKC

Down filled 't-shirt'?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
woolamai 27 Sep 2005
Does anyone know where I could get a short-sleeved down filled shirt (apart from the obvious 'cut the arms off of a long-sleeved one'....)?

Thanx.
djviper 27 Sep 2005
In reply to woolamai: do you mean a gillet vest?
 soveda 27 Sep 2005
In reply to woolamai:
Why on earth would you want that?

Ade
woolamai 27 Sep 2005
In reply to djviper:

No - kinda in between a gilet and jacket. Definitely saw one last week in Austria and it was like a really lightweight jacket with short sleeves - unfortunately I didn't think to ask where it had come from.

(I'm sure gilet's are really practical but I just happen to think they look great on girls and really strange on guys).
In reply to woolamai:

I'm wearing a North Face one right now (I've got a slight cold). Many gear shops will have them although you might need to order them if it's a smaller shop.

They are usually sleeveless rather than short-sleeved. They are called down vests. Do a search.

Hint: I got £40 off my one because it was 'old stock' when I bought it during a heat wave in June.

CCW
In reply to Charlie Williams:

Sorry, just caught your reply. No, never seen one of those.

CCW
 alanw 27 Sep 2005
In reply to djviper: Just wondered - when did a body warmer become a gilet?
djviper 27 Sep 2005
In reply to alanw: when they discovered a gillet sounds ore expensive so they can cvharge more!

OP is this like you mean ?? http://www.jdsports.co.uk/product.asp?id=4766
 Rubbishy 27 Sep 2005
In reply to woolamai:

Be prepared for old timers in small american towns asking you why you are wearing a life preserver
 alanw 27 Sep 2005
In reply to djviper: ah, of course, silly me.
woolamai 27 Sep 2005
In reply to djviper:
> (In reply to alanw) when they discovered a gillet sounds ore expensive so they can cvharge more!
>
>
> OP is this like you mean ?? http://www.jdsports.co.uk/product.asp?id=4766

No that has no arms.

The one I was looking for had short arms more like a t-shirt - maybe it was a custom, or maybe it was a long sleeved jacket that the guy had altered.
djviper 27 Sep 2005
In reply to woolamai: i kinds a know the thing you mean, im pritty sure o neil will do one
 soveda 27 Sep 2005
In reply to woolamai:
> (In reply to djviper)
> [...]
>
> No that has no arms.
>
> The one I was looking for had short arms more like a t-shirt - maybe it was a custom, or maybe it was a long sleeved jacket that the guy had altered.

Probably custom or altered as you say. I just don't see the point. Either it's warm enough for a "gillet" or it's too cold and you should have full sleeves. If you are worried about the look, layer with an identically coloured t-shirt!

Ade
woolamai 27 Sep 2005
In reply to soveda:

I injured the ac joint in one shoulder 3 times over a couple of years and apart from a lump where the collarbone is a bit misaligned the only lasting effect is that I can't walk around in a long sleeved jacket for long before it starts to ache - even really lightweight sleeves on down jackets, shells, rugby shirts etc. seem to pull the joint somehow. No idea why - but nothing else bothers it.
 soveda 27 Sep 2005
In reply to woolamai:
Very peculiar! have you had the shoulder looked at again? sounds like something surgical should be done!

Ade
woolamai 27 Sep 2005
In reply to soveda:

Yep - and no - surgery to repair the ac joint is major and apparently rarely works. It's fine in every other way so I can live without wearing a coat unless I have to.
Marts 27 Sep 2005
In reply to woolamai: Best bet is the fishing sites for stuff like that.
 Timmd 28 Sep 2005
In reply to woolamai:You could maybe cut the sleeves off one with stiched through stitching just after where the stitching is,so no down comes out?
Tim

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...