UKC

approach shoes - montrail d7 or tnf buildering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
chorlton_wheelie 28 Oct 2005
Have a pair of merrel chameleon's that are getting a bit worn and need some new shoes. I found the merrel's a bit too soft so am after something with a stiffer sole.

Any owners of either of the above got any comments.

And, anyone know anywhere near manchester that stocks the montrails, preferably in the womens fit and half sizes.
jonna 28 Oct 2005
In reply to chorlton_wheelie:

got the buildering shoes. comfortable and solid. found them quite supportive and the vibram sole is grippy. walked 4 miles through the woods back from the pub the other night and they didnt rub(only 10 days old). the last pair of north face approach shoes i had were rubbish but these seem good

jonna
 simon ashmore 28 Oct 2005
In reply to chorlton_wheelie: I bought a pair of the NF buildering shoes, quite good really comfy but they have started to fall apart, sole coming unglued same with the rand. quite a let down but havnt taken them back yet but will do but there so comfy i cant get them off my feet.
 simon ashmore 28 Oct 2005
In reply to simon ashmore: there only four months old!
 Caralynh 28 Oct 2005
In reply to chorlton_wheelie:
I have the D7s, they are stocked by V12 and Planet Fear.
The sole is pretty good, certainly better than the 2 pairs of La Sportiva approach shoes that they replaced (which both fell apart after 2 days). It's designed to be able to smear and edge in (different bits on the sole) so they are good for scrambles and easy climbs.
 Benjones45_99 28 Oct 2005
In reply to chorlton_wheelie: 5:10 guides or the new insight shoe of theirs looks really good
Hghes 28 Oct 2005
In reply to Caralynr: Have a pair of D7s, bought from V12 in July. Sole almost completely worn through and the rand has split. I would say ok for some easy climbing, cr*p as a "pure" approach/walking shoe, but I guess they were not designed with this in mind. Look quite smart though.
blurry 29 Oct 2005
In reply to chorlton_wheelie: I got TNF buildering shoes,,great vibram sole goos shock absorbtion and very comfortable,,I havent worn my 5.10's for weeks!! these are great and cotswolds were selling the orange ones for £45 !!!!
chorlton_wheelie 01 Nov 2005
In reply to blurry:
Thanks everyone, was concerned the tnfs were just fashionable crap but might give them a try. I discovered a shop near where I'm working this week has them in. Don't think I'll be able to get to anywhere that stocks the montriails.
 CarolineMc 01 Nov 2005
In reply to chorlton_wheelie: Alpenstock in Stockport do Montrail, but not those particular ones... they'll get them in for you though. C-:
chorlton_wheelie 02 Nov 2005
In reply to CarolineMc:
Tried on the tnf in the womens style, seem to fit ok but not convinced by the colour (as usual) - had a look on the web when I got back to the office to see if there were other colours available...

... it also comes in pastel pink

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...