UKC

Rock Shoe soles

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 will 06 Dec 2005
I've looked at the bottom of my 5 10 anasazi's and the sole is worn right through! These are by far the best shoes i've ever had and don't plan on replacing them, Does anyone know of a place that'l resole them?
watercooled 06 Dec 2005
In reply to will: try www.feetfirst.resoles.co.uk or www.cheshireshoe.co.uk. both get god reviews.
 Craig Geddes 06 Dec 2005
In reply to will: Resoled shoes can be good but will never be as good as the origional. Often last shape will be different as well. £30 for a resole job or £60 to get new pair in exactly the same size and model if you can find them. I always go for new ones ever since cheshire shoe sent mine back about a size smaller than they were when I got them and with a 6mm sole that I can't feel anything through.
 nacnud 07 Dec 2005
In reply to Craig Geddes: Buy a new pair but resole the old, save the new pair for best and the resoles for down the wall, sorted.
Hugeos 08 Dec 2005
In reply to Craig Geddes:

Yep, I agree - I just got a pair resoled, and now I can't feel a thing through the huge sole whacked on it...
OP will 08 Dec 2005
In reply to Hugeos: So roughly what is the life expectancy of a pair of rock shoes then? allowing for usage etc.
 Null 08 Dec 2005
In reply to Craig Geddes:
> Resoled shoes can be good but will never be as good as the origional.

You are right in general of course - however I was surprised the other day down in the Red Point shop in Arco. They are pretty manic climbers and have their own rock boots made to their own specs. They also say (and two climbers have confirmed it) that their shoes are even better after the first resole because, they explained, after extended foot tortue the shoes have adjusted slightly to your feet and so the resole is more personalized. Obviously their cobbler must be a real rock boot guru. Sadly the second resole is not so good - "things fall apart" as the poet said (Yeats).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...