UKC

Outdoor Research Vert Glove

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I have a question about Outdoor Research Vert Glove @ http://www.rockrun.com/shop/prod.html?d=1&t=68&p=2687 :

How do these compare with BD Drytool gloves, they seem very similar?
 TobyA 20 Dec 2005
In reply to Stuart the postie: Can't say on those, but have just bought something very similar: http://www.ortovox.com/typo7/index.php?id=140&L=1

Used them ice climbing leashless last weekend at about -10 and was very pleased with them. Very grippy on my axes and suprisingly warm mainly because you never need to take them off to do fiddly things. I bought them because they were about 25 Euros cheaper than the DryTools and the OR ones look very similar. If they fit you I would imagine that they are very similar to the BD version. I can personally attest that the schoeller soft shell plus leather palms works very well.
In reply to TobyA:

I had a pair of TNF schoeller type gloves and they were brilliant, only lasted about 25 routes though, the palms were crap, too much stitching.

Erik also had a pair.
In reply to Stuart the postie:

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=115463

Stuart, these are good and very cheap. They are not waterproof but they are well made- leather palms, neat fit, neoprene backs. I wear my mitts to belay.
I've used these on two routes so far and thai drooling at Ibrox and they are a bargain.

Davie
roblo 20 Dec 2005

OR make very nice kit and these gloves feel alot nicer when they are on, you seem to get alot better fit and dexterity. the BD gloves feel kinda stiff and dont fit (me) to well. look at the contact glove from them too, close fit with a bit of padding on the knuckles both are really great.

Rob
In reply to I am the God of Strathyre:

The velcro strap would interfere with my wristloops, remember I'm old fashoned. Are they not a little short?

Thursday looks pish.

You might/ might not have a point r.e. the velcro strap and leashes. I only wear them when leading leashless so the shortness doesn't matter.
They are very good quality for the cash.

Davie

Yep, weather is shite.

Davie
In reply to roblo:

How long have you had them?

I think the Drytool gloves also feel kinda stiff.
In reply to I am the God of Strathyre:

Then again, you're quite short.

Ha.
roblo 20 Dec 2005

Sorry, I don't actually own a pair but know people who use em and I have tryed a pair. I can safely say that they are better quality that the equlivent TNF gloves. Order a pair and if you hate them send them back. They feel alot thinner than the drytool glove but also feel warmer when the are on. i like the fit on them better than the drytoolglove, seems like you can get a closer fit without losing dexterity.

Rob
In reply to Stuart the postie: Used a pair of the OR Verts last winter, they were good, good fit and very dexterous. However after about 10 routes they were a bit worse for wear.
 Burnsie 21 Dec 2005

I tried Andys BD softshell jobbies at the weekend and they were very good (50 bucks tho !) : dispite allways having a budget of 15 quid for gloves, im starting to think you get what you pay for. Thin fleece is just no use. Those OR ones look very good for the price.

I've got a pair of wee davie specials on the way : i'll see how they go (also think they might be too short for full on winter conditions), Let me know how you get on with the OR ones if you buy them.

Erik B 21 Dec 2005
In reply to Burnsie: The BD drytool gloves are brilliant, i have 2 pairs, but generally use the older model as i prefer it. still going strong after a few seasons so worth the cash. Only lead with them if its hard though, lead up to and including grade v with my Outdoor Designs ultraflex to save fannying about changing gloves.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...