UKC

north face of dru/west face

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
llanberis 21 Dec 2005
Looking to do north face of dru summer 06. Looking for any recent info to help with this quest, also potential climbing partners as everyone i climb with are not into adventure-baa humbug.

Cheers
Removed User 21 Dec 2005
In reply to llanberis:

Adventure is the right word. Bits keep falling off it.
 biscuit 21 Dec 2005
In reply to Removed User: I think it's the West face that is collapsing. have a search - someone did a b4 and after a while ago.
OP Anonymous 21 Dec 2005
In reply to llanberis:

It was a chop route when I did it in the early 90's.

Slug xx
 AJM 21 Dec 2005
In reply to llanberis:

The OHM in Cham were warning again everything on the West Face, and the original route on the N Face (because it goes near the top of the west face towards the top) this summer. The feeling seemed to be that the Petit dru is on the way out........

AJM
OP Anonymous 21 Dec 2005
In reply to llanberis:
Did the north face classic route in august 05. The route itself seemed fine. Possibly a bit dodgy when your traversing underneath the rockfall debris on the way to the route but fine if you flit through it quickly. Also i cant imagine anything falling from the west face would affect the north face too much as its right round the corner by a fair way. The bergshrund was however a little tricky but not horrendous.
I think the French guides enjoy their scaremongering but dont listen to it. Great route.
Si.
llanberis 21 Dec 2005
In reply to Anonymous:

thats great, thanks-a nice positive attitude. Did you do it in a day, up and down?

Si
OP Anonymous 21 Dec 2005
In reply to llanberis:

Started in the morning at montenvers. We bivvied half way up and half way down.

si
 adnix 21 Dec 2005
In reply to Anonymous:

About the North Face... was there any rock fall before the "terrace" half way up?
paddyrock 22 Dec 2005
In reply to llanberis: the north face of the dru is on the list for next year among others. when did you have in mind. Maybe we could get out this winter ill be spending some time in scotland in feb. also hope to spend a week in chamonix to have a shot at the courtes north face. still trying to convince my climbing partner for that one. he is caught up with work commitments and what not. if your free for that it would make a good start on the year. Just a taught.
ROb
llanberis 23 Dec 2005
In reply to paddyrock:

Myself, probally like your climbing partner has work/other commitments. I may manager a weekend in scotland this coming winter although really tied to a week in summer in chamonix. In saying that I do climb every week locally.

I was looking around August/September.

Si
paddyrock 23 Dec 2005
In reply to llanberis: onerobbie@hotmail.com
i plan to spend most of aug/sept in cham. i would say locally is a plane trip for me i live in Ireland. keep in touch anyway.
cheers
rob

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...