UKC

Camelbak tubes - Platypus spigots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PeterM 11 Jan 2006
Hello,
Does anyone know if the Camelbak tube fits directly onto the Platypus bladder spigot? The reason I ask is that I'm wanting the neater insulated Camelbak tube instead of the bulky insulation I have for the Platypus tube which barely fits the slot on my 'sac for the hydration tube.

Cheers,

Peter
roblo 11 Jan 2006
In reply to PeterM:

Just buy a Camelbak, the insluated version runs at around £25 and wont leak like Platypi (or Platypus's??) and you will have no problems with fit.

Rob
OP PeterM 11 Jan 2006
In reply to roblo:

My mate has one and it won't fit in the hydration sleeve, but I never thought to try the tube.

Cheers,

Peter
Anonymous 11 Jan 2006
In reply to PeterM: I have a platy with a camelbak hose sleeve fitted - much better than the feeble platy insulated sleeve, and a better nozzle cover too. So yes it can be done (assuming the design hasn't changed since 2004). Have fun and remember to blowback after drinking when it's cold.

HTH

Ben B not logged in
 g taylor 11 Jan 2006
In reply to PeterM: buy some foam tubing from B&Q, much cheaper!
roblo 11 Jan 2006
In reply to PeterM:

I ment buy the whole new thing, better piece of kit,

http://www.fieldandtrek.com/product.asp?pf_id=14382&sfile=1&filter_...

How much is just the insulated part anyway?
 griffter 11 Jan 2006
In reply to PeterM:
Hi Peter I had the same thoughts after my standard platy tube froze up on Boxingday.

A quick vist to field & trek and im the proud owner of the required piece of kit for the job http://www.fieldandtrek.com/product.asp?pf_id=22711&sfile=1&manufac...

Not only that but its on special offer at a mear £11.69 which is cheaper than the platty offering.

Its a bit tight to fit but if you carefully dangle the connection end in a boiling kettle for a few mins is softens the tube enough that it will go onto the platty connector no problem.

Did mine last friday night and had no problems, or frozen tubes in the Lakes on Saturday.

Happy drinking in the cold.

OP PeterM 12 Jan 2006
In reply to griffter and BenB:

Cheers folks, that was what I was wanting to know. Thanks very much for the info. A much more discreet solution to the Platy one.

Cheers,

Peter
ptc 15 Jan 2006
In reply to PeterM:
As a user of both types, when the camelbak insulater tube is wet, like when you're washing it, it slips straight off with little effort. This is handy for seeing if there's ant mould growing in it too.
Handily, when still in the soapy water the insulater will also slip on the tube for the platy with the minimum of fuss.
I keep mine in the freezer to stop the march of bacteria, it can slip off and on when frozen too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...