UKC

Cirque of Unclimbables 2007 flights: any other teams?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Rob Reglinski 13 Feb 2006
Cirque of Unclimbables: summer 2007

As part of my year out next year I intend to end with a trip to the Cirque of Unclimbables however this trip has obvious logistical/economical problems.

Is any one planning on being in that area in 2007 so that we could split flight in-out costs as it is cheaper to get the pilot to drop off and pick up teams in the same round trip.

I would need to know if you intend using the sea plane option or the helicopter option and the dates to plan to enter or leave the cirque as my dates and plans are not fixed yet so I have the luxury of being flexible on these details to fit around other teams.

it makes sence

Rob
ps this post will appear on other international sites as well
 Heike 13 Feb 2006
In reply to Rob Reglinski:

I have always wanted to go there. Might well be interested to split travel arrangements. Haven't thought of anything precise yet, but it would be great to have a go.
 Dave Pritchard 13 Feb 2006
Hi Rob,

Have been thinking of a trip out there (possibly in 2007). It's very much at the possible idea stage at present, but we'd probably only be able to spend 7 to 10 days there (due to work commitments). How long were you thinking of being there for?

Dave
Rob Reglinski 14 Feb 2006
In reply to topic:

i cant speak for my potental partners as they will also have work commitments however i wanted to spend ~3 weeks in the cirque (not inc travel time) as i have heard that the weather can be a huge factor. i would not like to spend however many thousands of pounds to get rained out and there is pleantly of rock out there to climb.

I am also trying to find out about getting to the Vampires in the same trip. do you know if it is feasable to walk from fairy medows? one site said it was 20 miles but i am not sure if that is as the plane flies or walking distance.

were you just planning on climbing LFT or did you have other things in mind?

Rob
 Dave Pritchard 14 Feb 2006
LFT would be the main objective, but there is a lot of other stuff that looks fantastic if weather is reasonable. As you say weather is a huge factor (and risk), and I know of parties that have spent the whole time sat in their tent. I'm not sure about walk to Vampires, but will ask someone who may have a better idea.
Dave

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...