UKC

Greenland- summer 2002

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Matt S 07 Jun 2002
Got back from my April trip to Greenland without any missing fingers or toes! We had some of the worst weather for over 10 years- breaking sea ice, lots of snow, warm temps and hardly any wind. Made for pretty nasty conditions. This is supposed to be the calmest period of the year! Ended up climbing with my sleeves rolled up. Al Powell found the temps the year before down to -40 dc. Pretty difficult to pack for such changeable weather!
I am heading back out in August and then again in late september/early October, around 21 days apiece. There are several places left on each trip if anyone is interested.

We're focusing on first ascents of classic alpine aretes and long rock routes in august, then doing the same again on the latter trip but also focusing more on mixed lines.

We'll be travelling via Iceland to sample extremely expensive beer and geo-thermal pools.

If you're interested, email me (or phone me on 0774 0677 907)and I can send out relevant info on our objectives and exact dates.
Cheers
Matt S
 Rubbishy 07 Jun 2002
In reply to Matt S:

Whereabouts you looking at. I have lots of info on Umanak, looking at the Alps at that time but could be interested.

Please drop me a line.

Salman
francoise 07 Jun 2002
In reply to John Rushby:

No you should come to the Alps and I'll show you lots of swimming spots!
 Rubbishy 07 Jun 2002
In reply to francoise:

Well, I have a bunk in Argentiere in late August but on the basis that I am having an early mid life crisis I want to go and play as much as I can.

when are you thinking of going?
francoise 07 Jun 2002
In reply to John Rushby:

From 3rd July to 25th august. And maybe I come back for the Walker Spur after I have kitted my kids with school uniforms.

You don't qualify for a mid life crisis. You need screaming kids and an overweight wife.
 Rubbishy 07 Jun 2002
In reply to francoise:

I have a cat with mental health issues and a 6 foot bird who beats me up

plus I really liked American Beauty and missed the Alps lark when at Uni on account of being poor and having to work :O(
Bill M 24 Jun 2002
In reply to Matt S: Please forward me details. Always fancied the far-north!
Simon Tyler 24 Jun 2002
In reply to John Rushby: you're turning into molester burnham! have you installed a chess press in your garage? swapped the cougar for a pontiac firebird?!?
Simon Tyler 24 Jun 2002
In reply to Simon Tyler: that was supposed to say chest press btw!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...