UKC

Conville Course - ladies

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fidget 24 May 2006
Have anyone been accepted for either of the Conville Courses for ladies in the Chamonix in July? I've been offered the 9-11 July (course M), but unfortunately the friend I applied with didn't get in. I know of one other person on the 12-14th (course O), anyone else?

I should be accepting if the flights aren't too expensive, and will probably go a day early on the 8th, but not much longer than that so I don't have to take too much leave.
Pink pants 24 May 2006
In reply to cider nut: Hi, I'm going on the 12th-14th one (course O) and have a friend who's doing the non-girlie one from the 9th-11th. We were hoping to get on the same dates as we are travelling together but now i will have a few days on my lonesome while he is on his course.

Is anyone else on course O planning to get there a few days early and wanting to do some sport climbing/ walking before the course?

Jade
OP Fidget 24 May 2006
In reply to Pink pants:

I'd be up for doing something on the 8th.
You might also want to get in touch with Will_he_fall: http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=183049&v=1#2642622
 Dr Fran 24 May 2006
In reply to cider nut:
I got turned down...obviously too much of an old broiler. Know of a guy going on the 12th to 14th course...he is very excited!
 olibear2 24 May 2006
In reply to cider nut:
Hi, I'm that friend that Pink Pants refers to. I'm on the mixed course 9th-11th ('cos I'm not a lady!) and have been looking at flights etc but can't find anything as cheap as I was hoping for.

Was anyone thinking of driving and wanted a couple of people to share the cost/driving (insurance can be arranged and paid for)? Is around 650 miles from the London area and takes around 10 hours from Calais.

Was thinking about going on the 7th so as to have as much of the 8th to hire kit and not be too rushed.
Irish_Caz 24 May 2006
In reply to Pink pants:
Hey,
im on the f 12-14 course. I was planning on being in Cham around the 10th, but have no transport booked yet. I would be up for some climbing or wandering around before hand.

Caz
OP Fidget 24 May 2006
In reply to Dr Fran:

Shame that you didn't get in. I'm quite chuffed that I got accepted, although got to check how much it'll all cost before I say yes.
OP Fidget 24 May 2006
In reply to olibear2:

I'd be up for sharing a car, but wasn't planning on staying after the 11th. I'll consider all options though.
Joey Bear 25 May 2006
In reply to cider nut: I wouldn't worry too much about finding people to climb with. My mate didn't get on the same course as me either a couple of years back, so I just did the course met and climbed with loads of cool new people and then my mate joined me a week later. Oh and I know you don't want to take too much time off but its definitely worth sticking around for a bit after the course to practice your new skills and climb some top routes!
 shazbat 25 May 2006
In reply to cider nut:

I am on the course from the 12-14th. I will be going out on the monday or tuesday and would be up for car sharing, but i need to be abck the following sunday night.
dormouse 25 May 2006
In reply to cider nut: I didn't get onto a female course but am on the other 9-11 July one too(course E i believe)
 Jenn 26 May 2006
Is anybody on the mixed course F - 12-14?
Imperium 26 May 2006
In reply to cider nut:

Your favourite Bristolians will be out there if you need some advice etc.

> I'd be up for doing something on the 8th.

I'm not an alpinist, so someone will prob correct me. But is it possible to 'Do something' in a day in the alps?

OP Fidget 26 May 2006
In reply to Imperium:

> But is it possible to 'Do something' in a day in the alps?

Somebody above suggested walking or sport climbing

May get in touch with the lads, ta.
Imperium 26 May 2006
In reply to cider nut:

> Somebody above suggested walking or sport climbing

Ah, I get ya!

> May get in touch with the lads, ta.

Do so, I'm sure they'll be falling over themselves to help you!

Dean 26 May 2006
In reply to cider nut:

You should definitely think of staying out for a while after your course. All the information will be fresh in your mind, you'll be confident and have ready to hand partners - it doesn't get better than that! You'll really want to go and do some routes on your own, so allow at least a few days (if not a week) at the end.

It's easy to do something in a day in the Alps - the bigger peaks take at least a couple of days, but there are plenty of things to do by taking the first lift, and you'll be back down the same evening.
 amy 30 May 2006
In reply to cider nut:

I'm on the 16th to 18th july course
sounds like there'll be lots of people out there, and more girls than normal
should make for some quality climbing
see you on the campsite!
 passerby 17 Jun 2006
In reply to cider nut:

I'm on the mixed course 9-11 July, flying out on the 8th. I've got flights booked back on the 17th, and my mate didn't get on the course, so if anyone wants to do some climbing after the course, that would be wicked.

Cheers

Ben

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...