UKC

Conville course 9-11 July (E/M)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
calculus 16 Jun 2006
Hi,
anyone doing these courses? Im on course E and was just wondering how anybody else is getting out there.

Also when people are coming back as i want to do some climbing and need some friends!!

cheers

Mike
 Fidget 16 Jun 2006
In reply to calculus:

Hiya, I'm out there 12-14 (was 9-11 but swapped), some other people out there at the same time as you, see here -
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=183408&v=1#2650177

haven't sorted my transport yet, probably fly over and hire a car.
 passerby 17 Jun 2006
In reply to calculus:

Hey,

I'm on the mixed course 9-11 July. I'm flying out on the 8th to Geneva from Luton, and coming back on the 17th. My mate didn't get on to the course, so also looking for people to climb with. What's your plans? And when you flying out? Need to work out how to get from Geneva to Argentiere. Feel free to email, or I'll just see you out there!

Cheers

Ben
 The Mole 20 Jun 2006
In reply to All: I'm on course E. I'm Flying out on the 8th flying back on the 20th. So I'm in much the same boat. Need some friends!
Feel free to email (I might send something in a bit)

In reply to Calculus: WRT transfers I've sent a booking enquiry to Alpybus, who are the cheapest service I can find. But they havn't got back to me.

http://www.alpybus.com/home
 olibear2 23 Jun 2006
In reply to calculus:
Hi. I'm on the mixed course 9th-11th. Me and my friend have just booked the cheapest way to Chamonix (cheapest that we could find anyway) from london. It involves £89, 19hrs, one change in Paris and a eurolines bus! We're heading out on the 6th July (arrive morning of 7th) coming back on the eve of the 15th (arrive 16th). Anyone else want to join us feel free, more the merrier as far as I'm concerned on that length journey.

Oli

PS we are aware that there are cheaper ways but when including transfers etc to/from geneve/lyon/turin etc it is cheapest. Plus, big plus, the baggage allowance is more favourable!!
 The Mole 23 Jun 2006
In reply to olibear2: Yeah I managed to get flights with BA from London for £94 to Genava but then add on the transfers and it soon adds up. However I just don't have enough time for the bus journey. And i think it would drive me mental!!

See ya at the camp site, I'lll be arriving late on the 8th.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...