UKC

SealSkinz- socks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GCW 01 Jul 2006
Searched for these before I posted, so I apologise if this has been asked before.

Are they any good? Do they keep your feet dry?
They're supposed to be worn next to the skin or with a liner. Which works better?
Are they better when worn in combination with other socks?
I'm thinking about 1. fell running shoes and 2. Walking boots.

Thanks in advance. GCW
 Bob 01 Jul 2006
In reply to GCW:
>
> Are they any good?
Yes

> Do they keep your feet dry?
Yes

> They're supposed to be worn next to the skin or with a liner. Which works better?
Only used them on their own

> Are they better when worn in combination with other socks?
> I'm thinking about 1. fell running shoes
Did quite a few of my BGR recce runs in them in deep snow and didn't get cold or wet feet.

and 2. Walking boots.
No idea.

boB
>
> Thanks in advance. GCW

shed 01 Jul 2006
In reply to GCW:
>
They keep your feet dry when worn with non waterproof footwear eg fell running shoes but they can be uncomfortable. I wear mine with liners. Best use for them was when my boots were saturated in NZ for days on end due to endless river crossings.
OP GCW 02 Jul 2006
In reply to shed:

So they are worth £25 then?
 happy_c 02 Jul 2006
In reply to GCW: im guessing your feet with get rather sweaty and uncomfortable , but ive not tried them so i wouldnt know for sure!
lakes worker 02 Jul 2006
In reply to GCW: Fantastic for cold weather mountain biking and worth every penny (I always have warm dry feet after a ride when mates toes are frozen and soaked even with goretex shoes), but i have found them a bit shapeless, uncomfortable and sweaty for doing much walking though.
In reply to GCW:

Very good bit of kit. Use them for MTB, caving, kayaking, fell running/KIMM etc. Can be worn bear but prefer to have a thin pair inside - 1000 miles socks are good.
 smithy 02 Jul 2006
In reply to GCW:

They're fantastic, I've been using them for the last few years out riding. In the winter they are bearable on their own, but I do use a pair of liner socks for a bit of extra warmth, the rest of the year I can quite happily wear them on their own. Well worth the money.

In reply to GCW:
> (In reply to shed)
>
> So they are worth £25 then?

No they are worth £22.50 SRP
http://www.sypeland.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&a...

bongo 02 Jul 2006
In reply to GCW: there a great bit of kit i use mine paddling in the winter and never had cold feet, also used them in my time in the army and never had any problems even after days lying in wet ditches ! highly recommendeed
OP GCW 02 Jul 2006
In reply to A Nidderdale boulderer.:

http://www.sealskinz.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/KE251/KE252||~@c~@b|0|user|1...
£25 MRP.
Thanks for that link though. How much is P&P. Up til now I thought it was a rubbish shop
OP GCW 02 Jul 2006
In reply to GCW:

Any recommendations for a liner sock then?
 Schmiken 02 Jul 2006
In reply to GCW:

Always used mine with a good pair of Salomon, 1000 mile or bridgedale liners. Wouldn't be without them. Love mine to bits!
 Wilbur 03 Jul 2006
In reply to GCW:

personally my experience is very cold feet due to little insulation (this is mountain biking though!). I've found it much better to get the thickest pair of smartwool socks available... (not waterproof at all but keep you warm even when wet)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...