UKC

ARGOS Tents

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ian 19 Sep 2006
Well, I'm going down Africa in a few weeks. On a motorcycle and rough camping.

So I'm planning on using my £5 bargain 1 man tent from Argos. People will know which I'm on about, a few of us bought them.

Anyway, anyone had any major issues wth theirs that I should know about before I go? Worth strengthening it or anything like that?
cheers
Ian
In reply to Ian:

£5? I was robbed! Mine cost £15. If it's the one they were selling off 18 months ago; I've been delighted with mine. It survived a two-day torrential downpour on Skye without so much as a dribble getting in.
 Mick Ward 19 Sep 2006
In reply to Ian:

Mine's OK. When my mate Daz saw the aluminium poles, he gaped. (He sells tents.) At £5 - or £15 - he reckons we've had the mother of all bargains. And as I know feck all about tents and am the very last person to spy a bargain, can I thank whoever it was that recommended them.

Mick
Chris Tan.Clone II 20 Sep 2006
In reply to Ian:

Is this the pro-action tent?

I used mine a few years ago as a base camp tent for over 30 days. Got hammered in some strong winds and the back pole finally gave up after nearly 25 days. To be fair, it did stand up to a lot of abuse. A semi-permanant base camp tent was probably not what it was designed for.

I rigged a repair and used it again in gale force winds in February, in N. Wales, camping in an exposed hill top. By the morning, the only tents standing were a 2 Quasars and mine ( but only just, as my jury rig snapped).

I have since replaced the broken pole with a new one and will be taking it for another extended trip this Christmas.

For £15.00, paid for by nectar points, I think I've got value for money.
Acrophobic 20 Sep 2006
In reply to Ian:

Yep - only good things to say about mine too - probably wouldn't stand up so well as my quasar if it got really rough - but it is light and so far has stood up well to most scottish weather / midgies for the last couple of years and, best of all - it was CHEAP!

I bought 2 so I could cannibalise one for spares if the first one broke - have not needed to so far.

Acro

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...