UKC

Andy Kirkpatrick in Inverness

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Removed User 25 Sep 2006
Following on from a challenge I gave on UKC
Andy Kirkpatrick has agreed to give his 'Beyond Extremes' lecture to an Inverness audience.

My bluff was well and truly called but, ever ready to overcome adversity, I have booked the following venue:

The Thistle Hotel

Inverness

on Thursday 12th October

at 7.30pm

in the Drummond suite.

Ticket price £6 on the door. Places can be reserved by contacting me on bobt33@hotmail.com giving the names of all those you wish to book in. No tickets will be sent out.

Once all expenses have been covered any profit from this lecture will be donated to the local MRTs.

To get more information about Andy and his lecture please go to http://www.psychovertical.com/

This is a rare chance for those in the far north to see an extremely entertaining and talented climber give a unique insight into his own climbing world.

In reply to Removed User:

I will send an e-mail round just now. We should be able to get quite a number going.

Andy
 ando227 25 Sep 2006
In reply to Mac Ghille Aindrais: hi andy i would be up for going.
In reply to otter227:

Hi man,

Aye I reckon we could get quite a few of us down there. I will send a mail round the load of us and mention to Julie that you're up for it.

Andy
Jonny Kevlar 26 Sep 2006

and Simon Yates is talking the Monday after, What a month to get us inspired for winter!
In reply to Jonny Kevlar:

> and Simon Yates is talking the Monday after, What a month to get us inspired for winter!

Eh?

Since when and where?

I like Wallace! I read his book and everything...

Is Gromit coming?

Andy
Jules B 26 Sep 2006
In reply to Removed User: Hello from sunny Cyprus, yes I will be accompanying Otter227....
 The Crow 27 Sep 2006
In reply to otter227:

Wanna share a lift from Elgin or Forres?

Hi Bob,

Once again tried to e-mail you but don't expect it to get through to you.

Can you please cancel my seat reservation as I am quite likely to miss the talk due to work commitments! ;(

Thanks,

Andy
 Joe G 03 Oct 2006

> To get more information about Andy and his lecture please go to...

I did, but couldn't find any more info on the lecture - maybe I'm just being stupid but what's the lecture about?

Thanks,

Joe
Removed User 03 Oct 2006
In reply to Joe G:

Hi Joe, have a look on here

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=203384

Some of the comments from those whove been to see him might also help.
 Laubie 03 Oct 2006
Went to the BATH show. First I was not sure, Andy spoke very quickly and looked a bit like a duck out of water. BUT soon the pattern was clear and the format looked and felt very natural and things just starting gettinf better.

The split between the mountain experience in patagonia and his times on a film set was well timed and worked well.

He was able to discribe events and the people in them very well. He made a couple of very wise statements and I think the audience realised he is not a carzy odd climber but a person who has strong will power, "salt of the earth character" and has a good ability to tell a story.

Well worth it, hard to discribe the format. Well worth it, recommend it to anyone!
 Joe G 04 Oct 2006

Thanks for that - you have mail!

Joe
Removed User 04 Oct 2006
In reply to Joe G:

You're now on the list. Thanks.
 ando227 04 Oct 2006
In reply to Removed User: hi bob make sure i am on the list please.

ta
andy
Removed User 04 Oct 2006
In reply to otter227:

Aye, got you. I'm not down in Inverness so it's difficult for me to gauge how aware everyone is about this. Can you and anyone else local to Inverness please make sure the word gets out? I think Andy's talks would suit non-climbers also.

The Word is out. It would help if the Aquadome got their fingers out and put your posters up!
Removed User 05 Oct 2006
In reply to Am Fear Liath Mor:

They now claim to have lost them so I've posted down another copy which will hopefully appear. I'm driving through on Friday so I might take one in just in case.

The posters are up! I was in the wall tonight and they're there.
Removed User 05 Oct 2006
In reply to Am Fear Liath Mor:

Thanks for that. It saves me a detour.

Bob
Geoffrey Michaels 10 Oct 2006

What time will it be finished?
Removed User 10 Oct 2006
In reply to Donald M:

I'm guessing about 9.30 but I dont honestly know. I doubt it is absolutely fixed.
Geoffrey Michaels 10 Oct 2006

Right as I need to go by nine at the latest.
 Lancs Lad 10 Oct 2006

Saw Andy in Aberdeen last night, well recommended, wasnt overly excited by the Wonka stuff, but its a talk aimed at a wider audience, altho maybe as this isnt on the tour thing, he will tailor it different. Almost all his pics are fantastic and his reknown humour hasnt been eroded by weeks on the road saying much the same to different darkened rooms.

There was a really good turnput last night, It would be really good to see more people come up to Aberdeen and Inverness to talk.

Warning - If he is still in a dodgy shirt with a hole in the middle stay clear!!!, yesterday was his 3rd day wearing it, by thursday it will be doing the talk itself.
 ando227 12 Oct 2006
In reply to Removed User: Thanks very much for organising this. It was worth the trip from dufftown to come and listen to this very funny guy telling stories of epic alpine adventures. his photography was excellent too.
thoroughly enjoyed it!!!!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...