UKC

London rock shoe buying - mad rock stockist?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AJM 02 Oct 2006
Heading into London today, need to buy a new pair of rock shoes.

Probably going to head to the shop at Mile End wall first, got previous pairs from there. Do they stock Mad Rocks at all? - keen to try them out since my last pair were MR Frenzy shoes and they fit my feet better than most. Any other shops which hold a decent range of Mad Rock stuff?

Failing that, can anyone else recommend a shop in London that will stock a decent range of shoes and is worth checking out - UrbanRock at the Castle?

AJM
 jasonC abroad 02 Oct 2006
In reply to AJM:

The shops at the climbing walls tend to be better, the only one I have been to recently is the one at Westway and it had a wide selection of boots. Most of the shops around Covent Garden seem to have a very limited range of stuff.

Jason
 thin bob 02 Oct 2006
In reply to AJM: ellis brigham in cov gdn & Ken high st have some MR [frenzy velcro at least]. i think cotswold at liverpool st & piccadilly had some lace up hookers
 Alun 02 Oct 2006
In reply to AJM:
Urban Rock have branches at the Castle and the Westway, and are excellent. Rock On at Mile End is equally good.

The only climbing shop worth its salt downtown is Snow and Rock on Mercer Street, just off Long Acre.
 Max factor 02 Oct 2006
In reply to Alun:

95% sure that Mile End do not have Mad Rock shoes. The Cotswold store at Picadilly had a full range last time I looked. Not all Cotswold stores have a decent range though, i.e the City one is very limited, so best call to save yourself the hassle.
 Lego 02 Oct 2006
In reply to Max_01:

And some of the F&T shops stock em, but the Covent Garden one is crap - Baker St was better last time i was there, but they don't have a huge range...
 Si dH 02 Oct 2006
In reply to AJM:
Were the frenzies those comfy-type blue ones? Theyve worn out quick???
 Si dH 02 Oct 2006
In reply to AJM:
P.S. I've just noticed your onsight profile rock grades are now overall higher than mine. I've also half-arranged to climb with Tom at some point this week and am expecting him to be better than me. Something is going to have to give. I can feel some hardcore training coming on this winter...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...