UKC

Tim Emmett & Lucinda Hughes Lecture - Sheffield

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 MattH 06 Nov 2006
Winter Climbing Lecture Number 2:
Monday 13th November. 8pm (please arrive by 7.30pm)

Lucinda Hughes - Gritstone and beyond (20-25mins)
First meeting Tim Emmett, how his inspiration saw me get into DWS and how this taught me to focus my mind in a dangerous situation. This lead to climbing 8a and E7 later that year, and Lotus Flower Tower this summer. The talk will feature a range of digital images, video footage of Kaluza Klein.

Tim Emmett - Big Air (1-1.25hrs)
A metamorphosis of climbing, deep water soloing and BASE Jumping
Having just returned back from climbing a new route in the Indian Himalaya with Ian Parnell, Tim’s lecture encompasses his true love of life. After repeating Meshuga at Black Rocks and putting up a number of first ascents of his own, Tim started developing the world deep water soloing scene. Together with Gresham, Grieve, Robertson, Klem Loskot, Chris Sharma and others they have put up over 200 new routes in Pembroke, Mallorca, Croatia, Thailand and Vietnam. Since then Tim has made a number of first BASE descents, including Realisation (70m) in Ceuse. This summer he teamed up with Leo Houlding to film Top Gear, and attempt to climb and make the first BASE jump off Naranjo De Bulnes, Spain's most famous big wall in the Picos De Europa.

Tickets £6 on the door or £5.50 in advance via http://www.heason.net
Lescar Hotel, Hunters Bar, Sheffield, S11 8ZF
Signed copies of Tim's book Preposterous Tales will be available on the night.
There will be a raffle sponsored by Jagged Globe.

Disclaimer: Please take note that lectures at the Lescar are often very busy. As there is limited seating please arrive early or be prepared to stand at the back or sit on the floor at the front. John Beatty described the series as 'Grass Roots Stuff', and that's what it is. These are lectures by climbers for climbers. If you aren't prepared to be cosy then you may be disappointed.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...