UKC

What is the perfect harness for me?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TobyA 13 Nov 2006
Sorry to start to threads in a few minutes but I've been thinking about replacing both some of my ice screws and my harness recently.

I currently have a WC Syncro from a few years back. Its comfy, I like the two waist buckles to equalize it which is good as I use it over a t-shirt in the summer and over layers when ice climbing. I like the plentiful gear racking as I do 95% trad and carry lots of gear being a wuss. But I get annoyed if the buckles come undone as it's a minor intelligence test to get it on without any twists and turns. And I find the buckles fiddly.

Before I had a Petzl Guru of mid-90s vintage. It had the excellent zip lock buckles that were quick and idiot-proof, but I had to make a fifth gear rack with cord to be able to fit all my gear on - and the other four racks were a bit small.

So I'm thinking of getting a new harness - I would like it to have plentiful racking - five decent sized racks; to have zip lock buckles, preferably on the legs as well as two on the waist; and to be reasonably light as well. Does anyone know a likely candidate? Cost isn't probably an issue if it fits all of the above categories and because difference between cheap and expensive harnesses isn't so much.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...