UKC

Soft shell trouser/salopettes recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bob 22 Nov 2006
Well, it's getting to that time of year again and my ME Mt Kongur salopettes bit the dust this year so I think it is time to get up to date with some new kit.

Basically, I'm looking for leg cover for the following activities: Scottish winter, ice climbing, skiing. I accept that I may have to budget for some form of lightweight over-trouser for certain conditions. I'd prefer salopettes, as much because of the skiing criterion, but would accept high waist trousers. I tend to run warm (but not hot).

As far as budget goes, let's just say that it isn't that much of an issue. Obviously a good deal is worth seeking though.

Over to you.

boB
 Caralynh 22 Nov 2006
In reply to Bob:

IF you can still get them, Ortoveox Allround touring Pants. Schoeller lined with merino. Brilliant for alpine / winter stuff, but no longer made.
 Norrie Muir 22 Nov 2006
In reply to Bob:

North Face Flight Series do a pair of trousers that would suit you. I don't know if they do salopettes.

PPPatrick 22 Nov 2006
In reply to Bob:

ME Ultimate Mountain Pants

In reply to Bob: arc'terx gamma pants or salopettes.

or patagona mixmaster pants if you can get them, used mine this weekend and they are superb, completely windprood and cut for climbing.

marmot precip full side zipe over trousers.

Tom M Williams 22 Nov 2006
In reply to Bob:

I recomend these every time but... Paramo sallies or the trousers with braces. On my second pair now and wouldn't consider using anything else.
 andymoin 22 Nov 2006
In reply to Tom M Williams: just got some monatne terra xts not had them out yet but they look great and feel great. plently of warmth for bealys and ventalation for walkins.
 Si dH 23 Nov 2006
In reply to andymoin:
Me too, simiolarly not usewd them i nwinter yet but have been out fdor several cold rock days and theyre very good for that at least. Also surprisingly durabel - no problems at all doinmg tower chimney in them for example! Theyre vr ycomfy, just ope theyre warm i nscotland.
OP Bob 26 Nov 2006
In reply to all:

Ended up going for the Paramo Aspira salopettes which I got for £160. Given that I paid something like £140 for the Mt Kongur salopettes over 15 years ago, I didn't think it was a bad price.

Thanks for your input.

boB

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...