UKC

Petzl Charlet Vasaks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Burns 21 Dec 2006
I would imagine plenty folk use these with Nepal Evo's. How do you find the fit and which binding system do you use? Do you get plenty of contact between the frame of the crampon and the sole? Frontpoint length ok?

Its these or sabretooths, but these look nicer.

Cheers.
OP Burns 21 Dec 2006
In reply to Burns: bump
 andymoin 22 Dec 2006
In reply to Burns:

There good on my napal extrems; useing leaver lock. Fit like a glove,(dont know how dff the evos are?), the front points seam a bit slippy on steep ice but thats prob just me.

andy

OP Burns 22 Dec 2006
Anyone used the sidelock or spiralock binding?
 jl 22 Dec 2006
I've used a pair with spiralock with my evos, very secure. I've been happy with them (after 4 days use in the alps this summer).

Jon
 NickST 22 Dec 2006
In reply to Burns:

I use the Leverlock binding on Scarpa Freney Pro's and they fit great. An ideal crampon for all round mountaineering, but as someone said before, not great on steep ice but they work
OP Burns 22 Dec 2006
In reply to NickST: Having had a do with vertical points I realised that they aren't for me. Crampomatic g12's may be an option, but I fancy something that will take advantage of the stiffness offered by the boots.

Maybe the Sarken is the best bet, its T shaped cross section front points may be less likely to shear thru crap snow/ ice.
spaceman347 23 Dec 2006
In reply to Burns:
> Anyone used the sidelock or spiralock binding?
I've got dartwins with the sidelock binding it's a fantastic system, quick, easy secure.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...