UKC

Climb and Kayak / surf destinations???

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ourmother 06 Jan 2007
Our group of friends is split between climbers and surf kayakers, can anyone recommend somewhere that would suit us all so we can do our own things during the day but meet up at night. Looking for a short break in March where we don't need crampons or winter fleeces!
Hotbad Peteel 06 Jan 2007
In reply to Ourmother:

anglesea
p
 SebCa 06 Jan 2007
In reply to Hotbad Peteel: perfect suggestion
 scott titt 06 Jan 2007
In reply to Ourmother: Baggy. N Pembroke.
JACKASS 06 Jan 2007
In reply to Ourmother: North Devon for sure. Got numerous large and small bays for surf kayaking, such as Croyde, Woolacombe, Saunton. Then a few minutes walk from Croyde there is Baggy Point sea cliff climbing (and plenty of others a short drive away).
Plenty of campsites that will be cheap as chips (maybe a bit soggy too!) this time of year.
You can head a bit further if you base yourself there, as you've got Dartmoor about an hour away, and plenty of rivers for the Kayaks to play in. If the weather is totally pants, there are indoor walls at South Molton (The Mill) and Bude (The Barn).
I moved away from North devon last year, but get back for all of the above whenever i can!

Hope that helps
 Ian McNeill 06 Jan 2007
In reply to Ourmother:

Corsica

Ian McNeill 06 Jan 2007
In reply to Ourmother:

closer to home ....

check out http://angleseyadventures.co.uk

they have accommodation linked with anglesey outdoors

very close tp Porth Dafach - home of Dog Poo ! a steep little route and easy access to surf ...

Ourmother 06 Jan 2007
Thanks for the corsica tip, any other suggestions in europe?
 CENSORED 06 Jan 2007
In reply to Ourmother: Anglesey
 Sheffield Sam 06 Jan 2007
How about Portugal/Spain/Southern France, pretty easy to get to should be half reasonable weather if your lucky as well, and the best of both worlds! Thats where i'll be in a few months time I hope!
 john arran 06 Jan 2007
In reply to Ourmother:

Never been surf kayaking, but probably worth looking at Sagres (in Portugal) and Tenerife.

Sagres is the south-western tip of Europe so is a windy spot, and has pembroke-like steep limestone cliffs off the headland. Not been for many years but probably still scope for tradding as well as sportclimbing there.

Tenerife has quality sportclimbing at Arico and also climbing/bouldering on the plateau, and being in the atlantic I would expect there to be surf options unless it's unusually calm.

Hope this helps.
 Al Evans 06 Jan 2007
In reply to Ourmother: Croyde Bay (Baggy) Ita beautiful people surfing area too.
 Chris Fryer 08 Jan 2007
In reply to Ourmother: North West Scotland.

I would disassociate myself from Goat Boaters though.

You need fleeces im March though. In fact you need them in August.
 graeme jackson 08 Jan 2007
In reply to Ourmother: Berwick. plenty of surf beaches from Pease bay up to north berwick and obviously alot of northumbrian sandstone.
 Andy Manthorpe 08 Jan 2007
In reply to Ourmother: The Gower.
 Paul at work 08 Jan 2007
In reply to Ourmother: pembroke, sennen, gower

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...