UKC

Misja Pec / Osp - accommodation ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKB Shark 17 Jan 2007
Possibility of going next month but the articles Ive read recommend camping. Anyone know any alternatives ?

Cheers, Simon
Wymar 17 Jan 2007
In reply to Simon Lee:

There is a basic camping in Osp but if you are in need for a bit more comfort you can try one of the many apartments for rent in Piran or anywhere else along the coast. You do need a car in this case. From Piran it is 25 minutes to Osp. There is lots of choice and no need to make reservations in advance. The Rock Climbing Atlas South Eastern Europe provides all the details for this area plus suggested places to stay. http://www.rockclimbingatlas.com

Ciao,
OP UKB Shark 17 Jan 2007
In reply to Wymar:

Marvellous. Thanks.
 Alan Rubin 18 Jan 2007
In reply to Simon Lee: We ended up staying in Izola, a bit south down the coast from Koper. It is a pleasant town, much less hectic than Koper. We stayed at a hotel right along the harbor(don't remember the name but its pretty obvious), a bit pricey but not unreasonable. It was about a 20 minute ride to the crags, mostly on motorway and quite scenic. If only the weather had been better!!!! If you do have some bad weather, or just need a rest day activity, the Skocjan Caves are not far from Osp and are definitely worth a visit--very Tolkienesque!!!
In reply to Simon Lee: Misja Pec!! Oh god I am so jealous! I'm looking into going this year sometime for a month or so, have to let me know what you think....

Your first time?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...