UKC

Moderator needs help (Bridestones)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Are there one or two problems left of Smarter on Small smart wall, what are they (it0 called and what grade(s)?

Many thanks
In reply to Richard Bradley: Quick bump. Anyone?
 Jimmy D 29 Jan 2007
In reply to Richard Bradley:

Small and Smart (6a/V4?) is left of Smarter. I've also heard of people doing a problem even further left, but it looks very hard, and I don't if this has really been done.
 match 29 Jan 2007

From the YBG, left to right:
Face Slap 5a
Gareth Stole My Pebble V10 7a (now missing crucial pebble?)
Small and Smart V4 6a
Smarter V4 6a
Holdless V4 6b
Pointless V8 6c
End of slab/wall.

HTH
In reply to Richard Bradley: Sorry, wish I could tell my right from my left. I meant right (blush)

Are there two problems, Holdless and pointless, or just one, Holdless (or is it Pointless) V8?. YGB says two but YorkshireGrit.com has one. I can't see how you can fit an extra V4 in there?
 Ian Patterson 29 Jan 2007
>
>
> Are there two problems, Holdless and pointless, or just one, Holdless (or is it Pointless) V8?. YGB says two but YorkshireGrit.com has one. I can't see how you can fit an extra V4 in there?

Never understand it either - there seems to be one pretty independent problem to the right of Smarter - stand up off small undercuts to reach seam and pebbles then pop to the top. Seemed about V5ish to me - harder than smarter, certainly no where near V8 for my height (6').

Yorkspud 29 Jan 2007

Smarter is easier than S and S btw. V3?
In reply to Yorkspud: I would agree it is easier but I think it is a flexibilty thing for me. I find it hard to get my leg up to the break on S & S whereas I can go through with two foot moves on Smarter. Still feels V4 to me.
In reply to Ian Patterson: I can't reach the pebbles without a couple of (very small)foot moves after stepping up and that is as far as I got on trying it.

Is this the only problem right of Smarter? I will Moderate it that way and it shall be known Holdless V?.

Ian Patterson 29 Jan 2007

I certainly couldn't see another problem without i being a ridiculous eliminate.
In reply to Ian Patterson: agreed. Cheers everone.
 GCW 29 Jan 2007

Pointless and Holdness are different problems- almost. Pointless is an eliminate squeezed in up the right hand side avoiding holds on Smarter. It's probably only V6 if you are tall. This is what Jon mentions on YG.com
Holdless is a cop-out: Start the same way but go left into the little ramp thing on Smarter. A bit crap really. The hardest move on Pointless is going to the top, which Holdless avoids.
Hope that helps.
In reply to GCW: Thanks, I'll take a closer look at YG.com tonight. So the route going up right is the one called Pointless and Holdless is variation start to Smarter (sort of)?
 GCW 29 Jan 2007

Sort of. You can put it two ways. Pointless goes where Holdless should have ie is the direct finish. Or, Holdless is a variation on Smarter.
Here http://www.yorkshiregrit.com/photo.html?id=bridestones__section_13-topo Problem 8 is Pointless. Holdless starts the same then reaches into Prob 7 (Smarter) at the horizontal sloper thingy (pretty much when you stand in the break).
Does that make sense?

By the way, I don't think Gareth Stole my Pebble has been repeated since the loss of the pebble. Looks sick 'ard.
In reply to GCW: Well it won't be me doing the repeat!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...