UKC

TNF UK Distributor

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TMM 30 Jan 2007
Hi,

I have already posted on the For Sale/Wanted forum looking for some replacement pegs and peg bag for a TNF VE25.

Does anyone know who the UK importer/agent/distributor for TNF is and what their contact details might be?

The TNF website didn't have much in the way of helpful info and a search of the UK C forums didn't show anything.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers,

tmm
In reply to TMM: Gareth Parry is the TNF rep. in the UK
 L.A. 30 Jan 2007
In reply to TMM: Ben Try 01539 738 882 for the UK office based in Kendal.
OP TMM 30 Jan 2007
In reply to L.A.: Thanks!
In reply to TMM: like trying to get blood out of a stone trying to contact TNF, I even contacted their parent company without response, eventually Needlesports stepped in and solved my TNF problem, which was will a mountain 25 flysheet and extra porch pole fit my old Mountain 24 (which it would)
OP TMM 30 Jan 2007
In reply to Fawksey:

Hi,

I'll aggree that it is a bit convoluted getting to talk to them as they appear to have a reception desk operation in Kendal that fields calls and then sends an email relating to your call to their warranty and spares team in Luxembourg. They answer the email and then Kendal team contact you.

Whilst the system is rather long winded they were very helpful and have given me a decent deal on a replacement set of pegs and a bag. The next irratating cog in the machine is that they will not mail them directly to you, it has to go to one of their stockists! It seems a really people intensive way to resolve issues but I guess it works for them.

Such a contrast though to dealing with First Ascent where you get to speak to the guy who will do the actual repair. TNF have just got to such a scale that they need to keep the customer another level removed from the warranty and spares team or they wouldn't get any work done!

Thanks for the help!
anthonyecc 30 Jan 2007
In reply to TMM: TNF store in london and Manchester
In reply to TMM: I have to say the Mountain 24 has been bomb proof and has really been in some bad weather and Ive never even considered it letting me down, doesnt even move also found that its very quiet in high winds wich is great when you want to sleep.

My only problem was that I felt there just wasnt enough room in the tiny porch for a decent sized sack and certainly no room to cook in bad weather. I know tent manufacturers have to cover themselves and would never condone cooking inside the tent but it is really the only option. I knew the 25 had a much bigger porch but didnt want to fork out for a new tent. Got mine from barrabes in Spain for nearly £200 less than Cotswold or Ellis Brigham would quote and not that they carried any in stock. Came with those beautifully light titanium pegs
 Denni 30 Jan 2007
In reply to TMM:
Ring the NF shop in Cov garden, ask to speak to Jules, great bloke doesn't mess around.
I'm sure he could help you
HTH
Den
OP TMM 30 Jan 2007
In reply to outdoorbloke:

Hi Den,

Sorry, I think I have given everyone the wrong impression!!

TNF have been very helpful and have offered me replacement pegs and a bag at a very reasonable price.

My 'issue' if you like was with the system of getting hold of someone at TNF and then the delivery to a TNF outlet rather than to the end customer.

TNF clearly see 'their' customer as their stockists and not the end consumer. No harm in that business model and it is probably a necessity when TNF work on a global scale.

Thanks to everyone for their help and advice and thanks to 'Sharon' at TNF, Kendal who helped me today!

Cheers,

tmm
Wes 01 Feb 2007
In reply to north country boy:
> (In reply to TMM) Gareth Parry is the TNF rep. in the UK

there's more than one!
 IainWhitehouse 01 Feb 2007
In reply to Wes:
> (In reply to north country boy)
> [...]
>
> there's more than one!

Not if they keep losing them! Losing one could be considered unfortunate but losing two looks like carelessness
metragicme 01 Feb 2007
In reply to Wes: Erm, I think Gaz parry is a sponsored athlete, not a rep

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...