UKC

Ultra Quasar or Crux X2

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 droites 23 Feb 2007
Which one of these tents would people buy. 2 people mountain tent,as lightish weight and proven design are the criteria I am applying.
Thanks
 Merlin 23 Feb 2007
In reply to speedysi: Hilleberg Jannu
Flaming_climber 23 Feb 2007
In reply to speedysi: Mountain equipment heilo 2. But between those two the Terra nova ultra quaser tent.
OP droites 23 Feb 2007
In reply to Flaming_climber: The ME one does look nice. Trying to get an accurate weight seems to be difficult as I have managed to find 3 diff ones. The ME weight is 4.8 kg though. Seems like a bombproof tent.
 Caralynh 23 Feb 2007
In reply to speedysi:

I have the Crux (both versions) and rate it. It's lighter than other options, and has proved pretty bombproof
Flaming_climber 23 Feb 2007
In reply to speedysi: I have the mountain equipment heilo 2 tent and it is bomb proof. It is an absolutely outstanding tent. And its much larger then i imaging. I don’t know if that is a good or bad thing for you.
 lost1977 23 Feb 2007
In reply to speedysi:

ultra quasar
johnj 23 Feb 2007
In reply to speedysi: i have an old ultra quasar, 1994 still in good nick and its been well used, i know they've made them a bit lighter, and you can get three people in them, but its heavy
Wes 25 Feb 2007
In reply to speedysi:

I have the Crux and it's awesome
 davek 26 Feb 2007
In reply to speedysi:

I also have the crux ten, although it feels a little flimsy it's holding up well, been in some pretty high winds and it's pretty solid
 Henry Iddon 26 Feb 2007
In reply to speedysi:

I've a Thor 2 and its does the biz.
 mat_galvin 26 Feb 2007
In reply to Henry Iddon:
I wanted an ultra Q for ages-since I bought one it has been ace!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...