UKC

Cragging in Lofoten

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pug 13 Mar 2007
Was after a climbing related adventure this summer and was thinking about taking a trip to Lofoten. However there is one rather chunky problem in that my knees are a bit screwed so I can't do long walk ins (20mins probably max) or uphill stints. Does anyone know if there's reasonable scope for some 'roadside' routes there?

Also does anyone know the best way to get there? Am on a limited budget and are currently thinking fly to stockholm and catch the train up through Sweden to Narvik.

Any advice much appreciated!

Cheers

Tom
 Mattyk 13 Mar 2007
In reply to Pug: did the stockholm-narvik approach, 18 hours on train.. chck you can make connection or you might have an unplanned night in stockholm (we slept in a graveyard). McDonalds is the cheapest food if this happens and is open late!

Buses are adequate but not amazing for getting around Lofoten, so you should be able to get around without walking too far.. Walk-ins aren't massive.

Skier and the goat were the steepest ascents (20-30 mins?) Vagakallen was a little walk too (maybe 20 mins?) Pianokranken, Gandalf etc are pretty much roadside from memory..

Oh bare blaeber is awesome but maybe an hours walk if you don't get lost.. well worth it.. so you will be fine.

Any questions feel free to email me (or email TobyA). Search the forums for past few years and i think i wrote a little piece about doing it on the cheap just after i got back!

Matt
OP Pug 13 Mar 2007
In reply to Mattyk: Cheers chap that sounds rather useful. Does anybody have any info on ferries between Narvik and the islands themselves?

Cheers
 Mattyk 13 Mar 2007
In reply to Pug: Just do a search on google for ferries Narvik -svolvaer

some info here:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=23104&v=1#308721

You've made me want to go back now... i was planning on Bolivia.. Now i'm tempted by presten! grrr!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...