UKC

Fun for Wharncliffe obscurists

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Offwidth 31 Mar 2007
Went to Noticeboard, Three crack and Two Tree Buttresses on Wharncliffe today with Chris Fitzhugh (halfway beween Hell Gate and Long Johns Stride). Expected mostly crap but it turned out really well, nice short climbs, mostly clean, mostly in the S to VS range.

Could even go as far as to recommend it if you like obscure stuff especially now as its dry, nice and sheltered from cold NE winds. Plus we cleaned the lines and clipped the odd annoying twig. Easy to find with the BMC guide: just look below the notice board!
 DerwentDiluted 02 Apr 2007
In reply to Offwidth:

Noticeboard slab went from unknown to one of my favourite ways to spend 3 minutes, its a delight.
OP Offwidth 02 Apr 2007
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

Hi Bob, might have known a new keen obcurist name was going to be a cypher. Done the stuff to the left or any of the overlooked lines (Three Cracks and Two Trees buttress?)
 DerwentDiluted 03 Apr 2007
In reply to Offwidth:

can't remember off hand what I've done, would need to consult the guide. I was born & brought up in grenoside so wharncliffe was my proving ground. I always thought climbing was about soloing above a death landing and then cycling home, I only discovered ropes after I'd ticked the 76 book up to about HVD and anything else i could find. I still have a morbid fear of falling off anything! The new to me routes in the new book have given me a bit of renewed interest. If you still want more try the rocks just past the lodge on the chase and also by the path through the chase, only boulder height but very pleasant.

OP Offwidth 03 Apr 2007
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

Thanks will do, almost at the Lodge now as I work my way south through the woods just a few things left on Upper Tier far right first and the odd VS I forgot to do or forgot to record (and forgot how I climbed it or found it)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...