UKC

GEAR REVIEW: Jetboil by Paul Winder

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 09 Apr 2007
he Jetboil a roaring success. It can boil two cups in two minutes at 75-80% efficiency, the Jetboil is twice as fast and uses half as much fuel as conventional stoves. Paul Winder takes it out on the hill and brews up.

Read the review here: http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=391
 dan cowley 12 Apr 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

its nowhere near as good as the new MSR reactor though

http://www.msrcorp.com/rock_ice_reactor.pdf

Check out the review!!!!
In reply to dan cowley:

Or the Primus EtaPower.

I'm hoping to receive a JetBoil courtesy of my credit card company in the near future. That's if they manage to improve upon the service I've received up to date...
 compact 13 Apr 2007
I have used a Jetboil for the last year or two now.

It's great and simple to use, but the wind can be an issue.

I am looking at the pot attachment for cooking, but the price is also an issue.

I do like the foam so you can carry it and pick it up easily.
 mlmatt 13 Apr 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: jetboils great, as long as all you eat and drink requires only boiling water! as part of a brew kit for having tea while out climbin etc i found it fantastic
 ScottMackenzie 15 Apr 2007

Mine died on me in the Andes, at san juan base camp suddenly the cup started rusting every time we boiled water... it was totally knackered. Apparently washing it out with pebbles (swirling them round in water) after using it for soup isn't a good idea! That said, JetBoil replaced the cup no worries though - brilliant customer service!
 Fume Troll 09 May 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Mine is great, not so good if you want to cook sausages though. Copes fine with wet food so long as you stir it a lot.

Cheers,

FT.
 winhill 09 May 2007

I worked out once, using re-hydrated food, that you'd have to spend three weeks in the field before the savings on weight started to pay off.

There are dozens of better ways of saving weight to heat water with. Hardly a roaring success in my book.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...