UKC

'Phud' crash mats, any good???

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 psr77 14 Jul 2007
hi there, anyone got one of these 'Phud' crash mats? You can get a 1.3 by 1 metre mat for £70 quid which i thought was a bargain! Is it too good to be true???

check it out: www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16152&category_id=252
Hotbad Peteel 14 Jul 2007
In reply to psr77:

The fabric isnt very tough (but you can replace the covers) and i've heard rumours that the foam doesnt last. They're very think though and a good solid target, no velcro or wedge on the hinge though so you have to be creful where you land and the carry straps arent going to be very cmofy. Its also bloody big so you'll struggle with it in the car.
p
 Fraser 14 Jul 2007
In reply to psr77:

Do a search on here for Phud or alpkit and you'll see this question is asked pretty frequently, usually with a good response.

I've had one for about 3 years now I think, and it's only now starting to get a bit soft, but I haven't had any trouble with the shell. In terms of value for money, you'd be hard pushed ot get anything better and the Alpkit service is excellent.
In reply to Fraser:

Black Diamond impact is the same size as the drop zone with the same foam but is cheaper at £99.
Yeh 30 quid more than the Alpkit but after three years the foam will still be going strong. It's the foam that you are paying for!
 PTatts 14 Jul 2007
In reply to psr77:

Its absolutely great, mine is getting in need of replacement but ahve used it pretty intensively for the last 2 years. I've also had no problems with Alpkit at all, quick delivery and friendly staff
 Burns 14 Jul 2007
In reply to psr77:

Ace.
noahhbp 15 Jul 2007
In reply to psr77: ive had one for ages and i swear by it :-D
 Jon_Warner 15 Jul 2007
In reply to psr77: You wont find anything better value for money, they dont have pockets, or the slanted middles (ie metolious) but they are pretty tough and do the job well.
 sandywilson 15 Jul 2007
In reply to psr77:

I've got one. No point paying any more for some foam and nylon.
 Dave Stelmach 16 Jul 2007
In reply to psr77: If you land on a real 'phud'; they feel great!
 Andy Farnell 16 Jul 2007
In reply to psr77: I've found them to be great value for the money. Especially when bought at the old price of £60!

Andy F

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...