UKC

The Graip -Aberdeenshire - Anchor points?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 matt99t 19 Oct 2007
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows what like the protection is on top of the graip? I was out there a few months ago and found that it was just grass apart from 1 rock near elbow grove.

Thinking about heading out this weekend but wanting to check what other people have thought/used for a belay point on top?

Someone had mentioned there was pegs but have since been removed? (I cant remember any then again I cant remember much about the crag!)
 CurlyStevo 19 Oct 2007
In reply to matt99t:
Gear can be a bit problematical especially bomber enough for a fixed unattended abseil however if you look about you will find enough bomber gear to do most the descent climbs (well all the ones I've done) and set up abseils.
 Scomuir 19 Oct 2007
In reply to matt99t:
As I recall it's fine if you walk down the slabs at the top. There are several good nut placements there, just a long way back/down.
 Chris F 19 Oct 2007
In reply to matt99t: Theres loads, just a bit further back. I seem to recall there is even a bolt head you can snag with a WC wire pretty safely. I think there are a couple of places you can hook slings around sticking out bits of rock too.
OP matt99t 19 Oct 2007
In reply to matt99t:
Thanks for the help. Will give it a bash
 Chris F 19 Oct 2007
In reply to matt99t: Have fun. Should be nice tomorrow. Tides look OK too.
 Jonny Tee 69 19 Oct 2007
In reply to matt99t:

Aye, you just need to look further back Matt, there's various bits and pieces about.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...