UKC

Scafell - Bikes?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wilkie14c 27 Dec 2007
Going to blow the cobwebs out on New Years Eve with a walk up Scafell. Coming from the south so I guess Langdale is the quickest drive in. Not got much daylight and the walk out will be in the dark so was wondering if its worth taking the bikes to peddle the bit between the Dunny Gyll and the start of the steep bit!? I guess they'll be safe locked up for a couple of hours despite the fact i've just broadcast my intentions to the world!!
So, practicle? much time saved?

Cheers
blanch
 Bob 27 Dec 2007
In reply to blanchie14c:

Will probably save you ten or fifteen minutes at the most, plus if you are pedalling out in the dark you'll need some decent lights as the track isn't completely smooth.

boB
OP wilkie14c 27 Dec 2007
In reply to Bob:
Cheers Bob, no brainer then really - Shankies pony it is!
 Bob 27 Dec 2007
In reply to blanchie14c:

The problem with many of the bridleways in the central Lake District is that they have been "done up" in such a way that they are near unusable as bridleways, even for horses.

boB
 sutty 27 Dec 2007
In reply to blanchie14c:

Long walk in winter, unless you are seeing the new year in on top. If going for there, the drive round to Wasdale would be best. Only an hour longer I should think.

How about doing Skiddaw instead if it is a clear night, then watch the fireworks in Keswick if there are any.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...