UKC

Ski socks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 idiotproof 09 Jan 2008
Reccomend me a a pair of ski socks. wore Smartwool ones last couple of times but have wrecked them by using them as walking socks aswell.

Going to Austria, alpine skiing. Dont have particuarly chilly feet but will be wearing hired boots (though usually hire decent ones).
 Dark-Cloud 09 Jan 2008
In reply to idiotproof: I use the Falke ones, £18 a pop but V comfortable, google them
 Dark-Cloud 09 Jan 2008
In reply to idiotproof: Thats them, not sure why the description says silk though as there is no silk in them to my knowledge

There are a few models but the thinner ones are better, they have padding in all the areas you need it
OP idiotproof 09 Jan 2008
In reply to tragically1969:

cool, think I need new gloves aswell so will bob over to my nearest Blacks on friday (day before I leave but hey ho! forward planning)
 Frank4short 09 Jan 2008
In reply to idiotproof: The thiner the better with ski socks. With modern fabric technology it makes no difference in temperature. Thicker socks will just squash which means you are more likely to end up with bruised feet/legs afterwards./ That & the fact for the same reason thinner socks are more precise when skiing.
 arctickev 09 Jan 2008
In reply to idiotproof:

Thin and silk is the best.

TK Maxx sell some great ski socks for not much money.

Kev
 Wallm0nkey 09 Jan 2008
In reply to idiotproof: TK Max had aload of saloman merino wool ski socks £12 for 2 pairs last time I was in. Had loads more but they looked pretty deccent.
OP idiotproof 10 Jan 2008
In reply to Wallm0nkey:

hmm may have to see where my closest TK MAxx is....... Nottingham I presume
 Dark-Cloud 10 Jan 2008
In reply to idiotproof: Honestly you wont regret the Falke ones, its top notch kit. By the way i dont work for them or have any connections !!
 Chris F 10 Jan 2008
In reply to idiotproof: You can get some OK ones at Decathlon, either Sheffield or Nottingham. I think buying a few slightly cheaper ones and having a clean pair every day keeps you warmer that having a few good pairs and wearing them each for several days.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...