UKC

Beal Cobra/Mammut Genesis experience please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kendogcatchy 11 Feb 2008
Afternoon.

Will be buying some half ropes shortly. I only need 50m, and don't need dry coating. The two main choices seem to be the above. Does anyone have any experience of these ropes, or would anyone like to suggest an alternative?
budget is approx £130...
Cheers
 Monk 11 Feb 2008
In reply to kendogcatchy:

Well, I've used the genesis's and they are very nice. What can you say about a rope really. They all seem to work. (Apart from my Marlow 9mm which have an amazing self-tangling feature).
 Justin T 11 Feb 2008
In reply to kendogcatchy:

Have a pair of genesese. Lovely to use and seem to work.
 Dale Berry 11 Feb 2008
In reply to kendogcatchy: On second pair of Genesis after having Beal Verdon IIs. As long as you pay them out properly when you first unpack them they're rather good. I definitely suggest paying the little bit of extra wedge for dry treatment though. (£160 ish for a pair deal @ Outside?).
 j.anstee 11 Feb 2008
In reply to kendogcatchy: I have Beal Cobras, even though mine are 60m and dry treated they are a great pair of ropes, use them in any situation and they'll be fine. Slightly softer feel to them id say compaired to Mammuts, but seem just as good to me.

I would go for the extra of having dry treatment unless you will be climbing predominatlety indoors or in the dry.
In reply to kendogcatchy: Mammut universe are maybe abit heavey for what you want but are a good price here

http://www.urbanrock.com/products_detail.php?CatId=331&PId=1450

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...