UKC

Icebreaker Tights

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Afternoon,
Icebreaker tights come in three weights (150,200 and 260); does anyone have any comment on how warm the 260 weight ones are? i.e. are suitable for most of the time or are they likely to make the occupant sweat profusely on all but the coldest of days?

Cheers

Dave
 Guy Hurst 28 Feb 2008
In reply to mostly harmless: The answer to the last bit of your question is "yes" — the 260 weight is very warm. I'd think you wold be very comfy wearing the 150 under just about any windproof trousers, certainly in this country.
 Wilbur 28 Feb 2008
In reply to mostly harmless:

i have the 200 weight and they are worn with cycling shorts in bitter winter cold in uk and i've worn them round the cuillin under trousers. I also use them under trousers when climbing between Sept-Mar

pretty good for any cold conditions - don't need anything heavier than them
 Oceanic 28 Feb 2008

I have a top in 260 weight. I would say it is almost as warm as powerstretch.
 staceyjg 28 Feb 2008
In reply to Guy Hurst:
> (In reply to mostly harmless) The answer to the last bit of your question is "yes" — the 260 weight is very warm. I'd think you wold be very comfy wearing the 150 under just about any windproof trousers, certainly in this country.

I have the 150 and they are toasty warm under my waterproof trousers, even in the frost.

ebygomm 28 Feb 2008

In the winter I find the 200 weight too cold and wear Smartwool midweight instead under softshell trousers.
 Wilbur 28 Feb 2008
In reply to ebygomm:

you must run VERY cold!
 Jenn 28 Feb 2008

I have the 260 tights and love them. I've never found them to be too warm, but then again I am The Coldest Person in the World ©.
In reply to mostly harmless: Cheers all.

I shall probably go for a pair of the 200s as I tend to run on the warm side (I'm suprised some wag who knows me hasn't mentioned this yet) and they're a whole ten pounds cheaper.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...