UKC

Rab Summit Storm Waterproof Down Jacket £125!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Rock + Run 02 Apr 2008
premier post photo
The warmth of down, as waterproof as a shell, well fitting detachable hood and only £125!

Just in time for the last cold snap of the year we have manged to obtain some of the excellent Rab Summit Storm Waterproof Down Jackets (RRP £250) at half price - £125. We have a full size range from Small to XXL in both Black and Electric Blue.

Product Summary:
A fully waterproof version of the Summit jacket, ideal for cold weather mountaineering, hanging out at base camp in bad weather and for use throughout the year for cold wet days at the crag. The detachable hood adds to the jackets versatility allowing you to reduce weight or opt for full protection.

More Details:
http://rockrun.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=4784
 zorro 15 Apr 2008
In reply to Rock + Run:

Yep, just had mine delivered today. Awesome bit of kit for lowest price i could find.

Cheers guys!
 KeithW 16 Apr 2008
In reply to Rock + Run:

It's a lovely jacket, no complaints with it.

However it differs slightly from the illustrations (no shoulder panels on it.)
 Skipinder 18 Apr 2008
In reply to KeithW: Mine doesn't have the shoulder panels either. If it is a waterproof version of the Summit, why isn't it made using boxwall construction?
 zorro 20 Apr 2008
In reply to Lawrence: Go and feel your jacket a bit more carefully. See that outside layer thats taped? well two layers?

I thought this, and concluded that the less seams they have to tape, the greater the waterproofing as theres less to go wrong.

As for shoulder panels, mine has them
ibbo 20 Apr 2008
In reply to Rock + Run: Hi just got my jacket and its got the shoulder panels. I have got an original rab down, not waterproof (made in sheffield)and all the stud fastners have rab printed on them, new one doesn't and the zip is not as heavy duty. do you think they are still as good quality now they are made in china?
david Pike 20 Apr 2008
In reply to Rock + Run: im pleased it sounds good as I've been selling lots of stuff so I can buy one! (easier to justify that way)
Bob kate bob 22 Apr 2008
In reply to KeithW:
> (In reply to Rock + Run)
>
> It's a lovely jacket, no complaints with it.
>
> However it differs slightly from the illustrations (no shoulder panels on it.)

I actually phoned RAB up about it.
What happened is that they took the photo of the blue one, where the only difference in the fabric is the colour. Then they changed the colour of the blue part of the jacket in the photo to black. That is why the black one looks like it is made from 2 different types of material, even though it it not (and neither is the blue one).

It is rather confusing as the normal Summit is made with 2 different grades of shell fabric, but I was assured that the shell material on the storm is harder wearing than the lighter weight material on the normal summit, that is why they have only used one material for the shell of the storm.

Ok, I know I am not that good at explaining, so I hope you got the gist of that.

slik tommy 25 Apr 2008
In reply to Rock + Run:

great jacket im well pleased with it!
 54ms 28 Apr 2008
In reply to Rock + Run:

Nice and warm and reassuring that it is waterproof with our weather. Does anyone else think that the velcro on the cuffs doesn't seem that well fastened on?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...