UKC

5.10 Anasazi Vs Evolv Pontas

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ryan Atkinson 05 Jun 2008
I'm looking to get a new high end pair of aggressive climbing shoes, i like my toe tips, heel hooks and edges especially.

Looking at these two, i havn't had chance to try either yet but will do soon.
Just wondered if anyone who uses either could give me any advice/reviews on which are better aside from the obvious fit which will be personal to me.

Im talking rubber quality, rigidiy, comfort, that kind of thing.

I'll be looking to get them in velcro by the way.

Cheers
x
 ginger_lord 05 Jun 2008
In reply to Ryan Atkinson:

High end agressive and comfort in the same post! *head explodes*

Just recently got through a pair of Anasazi Velcros, havnt got a bad thing to say about them. Now on a pair of Anasazi Verdes which are even better!
OP Ryan Atkinson 05 Jun 2008

Indeed i should be more specific, i'm not looking for comfort, otherwise i'd buy something by boreal, i'm just wondering if anyone who may have climbed could tell me which is the most 'comfortable' which may not be very comfortable at all. although any edge on this is welcome

x
OP Ryan Atkinson 05 Jun 2008

And high end meaning top of the range. Not that they have a high end - is that even a quality in stickies? I dunno.

Hay 05 Jun 2008
5.10 ana velcro stretch. A lot. Also I think the old steath rubber held its edge longer than the Onyxx stuff. My Pinks have way outlasted the velcros.

Have you looked at the new scarpa range? I am a confirmed 5.10 wearer but the scarpas look great....Dave Mac wears these a fair bit for steep stuff and he seems to go ok.

http://www.scarpa.co.uk/Products/Product.asp?ProductId=60

Richard Hall 05 Jun 2008

The Pontas is much softer, slightly narrower and has a less aggressive heel than the stazi.

As to stickyness who can tell? Both Stealth and Trax are very soft sticky rubbers.
 Alex Thompson 05 Jun 2008
Err... well I've recently bought my second pair of Pontas, but cause they fit me better than the 5.10s (lot less dead space around the heal).

I would recommend trying on any climbing shoes before you buy them.
 scorpia97 05 Jun 2008

I climb in Anasazi verdes, which in my experience are excellent shoes. I made the mistake of buying a smaller size for indoor competitions and now the summer has started finding that after 5 hours at a sea cliff wearing them, my toes are starting to hurt. But this is a minor thing compared to how when the rubber is warm they just seem to stick (literally) to the rock. Performance isn't so good in the cold and the wet but that could be said about most shoes.

Simon
 Mark Stevenson 05 Jun 2008
In reply to Ryan Atkinson: I'm on my second pair of 5.10 Anasazi Velcros and for the second time the build quality is less than superb.

I've also been using Evolv Defy Velcros as a general use shoe and I've been extremely happy with them in terms of the rubber and build quality. If I was in the market for another 'performance' shoe, I'd be heading towards the Pontas as the first shoe to try on.

HTH

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...