UKC

OMM kamleika

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Dr.Strangeglove 10 Aug 2008
I know a few people on here have these, IanR for one - thinking about getting the trousers - any thoughts on how they have held up after prolonged use?
 Banned User 77 10 Aug 2008
In reply to Dr.Strangeglove: My jackets still going strong after a 8 months of continued use. Needs cleaning I think as it wetted out yesterday, but we were in heavy rain for a good 6 of the 8 hrs, so hardly suprising.

Very comfortable though.
Dr.Strangeglove 10 Aug 2008
In reply to IainRUK:
just running or any exposure to rock?
 Banned User 77 10 Aug 2008
In reply to Dr.Strangeglove: General hill use, running, walking, scrambling, but no climbing.
 Paul Atkinson 10 Aug 2008
In reply to Dr.Strangeglove: my Kamleika pants developed a rip surprisingly easily given the rubbery feel of them (brush against rock rather than major collision) but have been fine with a duct tape patch for well over a year. For running in they are by far the best waterproof bottoms I've ever had, the cut being designed specifically with this in mind I think. For summer use, compulsory fell race kit etc I use the tiny Montane Feather light stuff but for winter fell runs, KIMM, etc where there is a high chance of actually needing an outer layer on the legs the Kamleika are hard to beat IMHO. I prefer my Haglofs Oz top to the Kamleika smock my mate uses - better cut, better feel, more element proof AFAIAC

HTH P
Dr.Strangeglove 11 Aug 2008
In reply to Dr.Strangeglove:
cheers peeps
iain roberto 12 Aug 2008
In reply to Dr.Strangeglove: Have used the smock for over 18 months, mainly for fell running. After just a few weeks the taped seams started to fall apart and are now held together with seam grip. I think it was just a duff jacket because i haven't heard other folk have this problem. Have also used it for skiing, and winter climbing in scotland. Main thing is it is very comfortable and still has some life left yet.
 Rawstron1 12 Aug 2008
In reply to iain roberto: My mate's had the same problem; over the last 18 months he's had two Kamleikas and the tape has come away from the seams on both of them. On the second one he got EVERY single piece of taped seam has detached from the fabric. He may just have been very unlucky but it smacks of inferior quality to me. Have a look at Montane's Atomic DT or Haglofs Oz if you don't mind re-mortgaging.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...