UKC

MSR whisperlite internationale info

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
AimeeB 25 Nov 2008
Hey all,
I have just bought an MSR whisperlite internationale and as advised on forums here I've had a play about trying to take it apart and get my head around how all the bits work.

Problem is the intructions are vague in the extreme (or maybe it's my brain that's vague!) and I just can't work out how many of the bits break down.

Does anybody know of any good online guides? or have any advice? Google seems to have let me down on this one....

cheers y'all
 TMM 25 Nov 2008
In reply to AimeeB:

If you fail to find any useful information can I suggest that contact First Ascent who act as the distributor for MSR in the UK.

They never fail to provide excellent advice and are very generous with their time.

Have a chat with Lindsey in the service department.
 jamesboyle 25 Nov 2008
In reply to AimeeB:

http://www.msrgear.com/support/schematics/WhisperLite.pdf

Very field maintainable. If you're planning on stripping it in the field, practice doing it with only the little tool that comes with it. I remember the pump assembly being a bit more of a pain in the ass to strip and reassemble. Springs and valves and things flying all over the show...
AimeeB 25 Nov 2008
In reply to jamesboyle:
oooh, cheers.

Thats a pretty good diagram. I've looked on the msr sight but somehow managed to miss that.

many thanks!
 jamestheyip 26 Nov 2008
In reply to AimeeB:

The needlesports website also has a few diagram of the stove and the pump.:

http://www.needlesports.com/acatalog/MSR_Stove_Spares.html

I have been using the same XGK regularly for the last 12 years. Hardy any maintenance or stripping needed except occasionally striping down the fuel line and jet to remove the soot. Also remember to grease the pump leather if you have the old pump. The new pumps all have maintenance free rubber washers and are much better built. My old pump developed a crack after about 6 years and eventually I replace it with a new style pump. You might need to replace the rubber O-rings every now and again - MSR recommend only using their O-rings and the ones you get from hardware stores might not fit perfectly.
 TobyA 26 Nov 2008
In reply to AimeeB: I've had one since 1992! You rarely need to take it apart besides taking out the fuel tube wire for cleaning, unless you are running it on really dirty fuel.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...