UKC

Tremadog Work Weekend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mike Raine 23 Dec 2008
Your help is needed on the weekend of 10/11th January at Bwlch y Moch. Eric will open the cafe (normally shut at this time of year)the BMC will pay for the bunkhouse if you wish to stay over.

Volunteers are needed to redistribute the logs taken down by the tree surgeons during the preceding week. We would also like to do some further pruning on the cliff and put some time into footpath tidying up.

Any questions querries contact Mike via bmccymruwales@live.co.uk
 JDDD 23 Dec 2008
In reply to Mike Raine: Will there be time for a spot of climbing too?
OP Mike Raine 23 Dec 2008
In reply to Mike Raine:

Of course!
OP Mike Raine 05 Jan 2009
In reply to Mike Raine:

All systems go for work on the approaches to Valeries Rib, Xmas Curry and Rio.

And any vegetation management you fancy doing on routes

Meet Eric's Caff 9.30 am with tools and gloves etc (saws, crowbars, shovels, patio knifes etc all usefull)

Cheers

Mike
 Alex Thompson 20 Jan 2009
In reply to Mike Raine:
Hope the clean up when well?
Our University club is planning to go next month and after reading the guidebook and comments on the forum I am getting a little concerned about finding the routes...
 GrahamD 20 Jan 2009
In reply to Alex Thompson:

Rest assured that, as a university club, you will have the best brains in the country on the job
Jonno 20 Jan 2009
> (
> Our University club is planning to go next month and after reading the guidebook and comments on the forum I am getting a little concerned about finding the routes...>>>

In that case the BMC had better leave cases of lager and pot noodles at the base of each route.

In reply to GrahamD: Err, Huddersfield University...?
 Sam Edwards 20 Jan 2009
In reply to Mike Raine: when i go with the university we never have too much trouble finding the routes there. as long as you get on the right footpath should be fine. but i suppose it depends on what cuide book you have.
 MikeR 20 Jan 2009
In reply to Mike Raine:

Did Xmas Curry on saturday just before the rain arrived, and i was plesantly suprized to find a nice easy path to the base of the route (having not seen this thread before the weekend). Thanks to all who helped out, an excellent job.

Mike
In reply to Jonno:
Leave the beer at the top and we may even get a few of the buggers up the routes!
OP Mike Raine 20 Jan 2009
If you use a combo of North Wales ROck, the CC guide and the wiki, you can't go wrong!
In reply to Mike Raine:
Cheers Mike, one of our members has NW Rock and I've perused the wiki.
Don't suppose we're allowed to take a chainsaw with us?
OP Mike Raine 21 Jan 2009
Best not.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...