UKC

Neil Gresham - Kalymnos or Font Coaching Holiday?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nolo 29 Dec 2008
Which one would be more worthwile, want to improve my bouldering and sport climbing, specifically technique.

I know the dates havnt been put up for Kalymnos yet, but my dad said he would take me on one, as long as I am old enough!

Any advice would be appreciated.
 Skyfall 29 Dec 2008
In reply to nolo:
sorry for being naive but doesn't:

font = bouldering
kalymnos = sport

now i know that disciplines may transfer to an extent but, in a general sense, don't you need to decide what you want to spend a week doing?
OP nolo 29 Dec 2008
In reply to JonC: Yer, but...

Font = Bouldering + Technique (Hence the name 'Technique Week')

Kalymnos = Sport + Some technique (doesn't appear to be to the same extent as the font trip though, which is why I am asking)

OP nolo 29 Dec 2008
In reply to nolo: Perhaps I didn't explain mysely properly, it is 1:30, give me a break!!:-P

I am wanting to improve my technique for Sport and Bouldering, do you think it would be more beneficial for my technique to spend a week sport climbing in Kalymnos or a week Bouldering in Font.

How was that attempt? :-P
In reply to nolo: Both trips are excellent fun, and you'll learn a lot of technique on both.

Why not email Neil through his site, and give him some background about your current climbing, and goals, and ask him which trip to choose?
- http://www.climbingmasterclass.com/

Cheers
 Listy 29 Dec 2008
In reply to nolo: Id second that... Speak to Neil direct, he's awesome and will help you as best he can without predujice to either trip!
 James Oswald 29 Dec 2008
In reply to nolo:
I went on the Font Trip last year.
I learnt:
General bouldering tactics;
Problem reading and planning;
Wide variety of techniques for different rock angles;
Many things about general climbing (from much more experienced climbers than myself);
A fair bit about training and access to Neils training knowledge;
many other things;
How to make bouldering as safe as possible;
Plus alot more.

I spoke to him about the Kalymnos trip and he said that it includes:
general technique training;
sport climbing tactics;
quite alot on the psychology aspect of your sport climbing performance;
Also I know Neil and Steve would be very happy to answer questions on any form of climbing.

I'd be surprised if you didn't thoroughly enjoy either trip.
P.s. the Kalymnos trip is in school time so you may be in school (I was and therefore couldn't go)

BTW be careful not to get this post pulled by the MODs as that happened with a thread about Adrian Berry.

James
 Cragdog al 29 Dec 2008
In reply to nolo: i dont thin kyour old enough, you should check before you get excited.
 James Oswald 29 Dec 2008
In reply to Cragdog al:
They said to me when I was 17 that it was fine as long I have parents/gaurdians consent. Not sure for 14 year olds though.
OP nolo 29 Dec 2008
In reply to james oswald: I will email them now and check, my dad would obviously come along so perhaps I can get away with it!
 James Oswald 29 Dec 2008
In reply to nolo:
I would expect so!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...