UKC

When is a Buffalo shirt past its sell by date ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jonno 29 Dec 2008

I've got two Buffalo Super six smocks. One is about three years old.No problem. The other is an old thing I bought second hand. Probably quite ancient.It's got the original Buffalo motif.
Problem is,the pertex outer shell has gone all brittle and crackly. It still does the job. I wore it yesterday in the hills.Next to the skin in cold conditions.
It's like pulling on a bin bag though. The material has lost all it's suppleness and I imagine it would rip quite easily if caught.

I didn't think that pertex lost its characteristics over time. Anyone else suffer from crackly Buff syndrome ?
 StevePr 29 Dec 2008
In reply to Jonno:
Never heard of that, I have a 15 year old Buffalo and the pile is getting a bit thin but the pertex is fine. You havent overheated it in the dryer or something have you?
Jonno 29 Dec 2008
In reply to StevePr:
> (In reply to Jonno)
> Never heard of that, I have a 15 year old Buffalo and the pile is getting a bit thin but the pertex is fine. You havent overheated it in the dryer or something have you?>>>

I haven't but I can't vouch for the previous owner ? It was OK when I got it though.
As an experiment I might put it through the wash with fabric conditioner and see if that softens it up ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...