UKC

Mountaineering Exped to Kyrgyzstan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sally F 18 Jan 2009
I've been putting together an expedition to the Borkoldoi Range in Kyrgyzstan and 1 of my team members just had to drop out because of work commitments.

So, this is a call to see if anyone would be interested and available for a month away mountaineering in Central Asia.

DATES: 05 Aug - 06 Sep 09

The intent: quality exploratory mountaineering in remote areas; ideally an area where we can get a mix of technical and classic first ascents.

BORKOLDOI range:
There are multiple virgin peaks, and those mountains which have been summitted have only one route. The rock is predominately limestone and granite and there are walls over a 1000m in height. The highest mountain in the range is approximately 5171m.

REQUIREMENTS

Ideally you should have couple of Alpine seasons under your belt, or at least led a number of technical winter routes in Scotland. You will be using all your own equipment.

That said; this is for anyone who has a passion for the mountains and has the drive and stamina to make it happen; if you don't have much experience - don't worry - this could be an opportunity to get some!

This is a non commercial exped, everyone will be expected to pull their own weight and contribute. There are no clients or guides; just us.

If you are interested, feel free to drop me an email and I'll send you an information pack with more details.

Ta muchly.

fishy1 18 Jan 2009
In reply to Sally Brown: Youu have mail.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...